Picking up a 2unit subject in yr12? (1 Viewer)

bluehorizonsky

HSC
What requirements do I need if I intend to pick up a 2unit subject in yr12? I want to pick up Industrial Tech:Graphics and drop both maths ext1 and TVET IDT because it doesn't fit in with what I want to do at uni. Also, I'm only getting average marks in 3u.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I do not think you can pick up a completely new subject. For example, you can be doing Physics and drop to Senior Science. But you can't drop Physics and pick up Legal Studies or any other subject actually.

bluehorizonsky

HSC
I do not think you can pick up a completely new subject. For example, you can be doing Physics and drop to Senior Science. But you can't drop Physics and pick up Legal Studies or any other subject actually.
Oh.. I saw some stories of people who had changed into two different subjects in yr12 on BOS. Anyways in TVET IDT (I'm in the animation stream), we used a program that was similar to the program that is used in Industrial Tech:Graphics. Also both courses have OHS content. In yr 9 and 10, I did graphics as an elective. I guess I wouldn't be disadvantaged if I start in yr12 even though the content is slightly altered from the yr9-10 course.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Yeah...I still don't think you can change :c I'm sure. Because I remember how I wanted to drop Physics to take up Legal Studies for Year 12 (in late Term 2, Term 3) but I didn't do Year 11, so I can't complete the Year 11 course for Legal Studies. Which is 240 indicative hours in Preliminary AND 240 hours in HSC course.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)