Physitherapy at USYD (1 Viewer)

haz_it_all

Just wonderin wat physio at usyd is like? if any does it culd u jus tell me wat the course involves, if u like doin it and anythin else wuld be really helpful...thanks :)

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
I know a graduate from Physio at Syd
He says the campus (in Lidcombe) is not very good. Small and isolated.

haz_it_all

yeh its opposite a cemetery apparently :( oh well if the course is good and i get in then thats all that matters :) any1 else kno any info on physio?

juggernaut

HSC
yeah i did work experience at a physio

when she did the course, the 1st year was predominately physics and maths based, then 2nd/3rd year you start moving onto the prac side (dunno if its changed)

and that the 1st year is hardddd work

haz_it_all

im cool wit physics n maths :) if its along the same sorta lines of the stuff we doin in maths n physics now then shuld be interestin.........did u kno the full fee course is 63000!!!! i guess all the Kings HS boys culd afford that :p

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by juggernaut
yeah i did work experience at a physio

when she did the course, the 1st year was predominately physics and maths based, then 2nd/3rd year you start moving onto the prac side (dunno if its changed)
and that the 1st year is hardddd work
isnt it like that for all first year courses? ur like revisitng HSC kinda of things

Originally posted by haz_it_all
im cool wit physics n maths :) if its along the same sorta lines of the stuff we doin in maths n physics now then shuld be interestin.........did u kno the full fee course is 63000!!!! i guess all the Kings HS boys culd afford that :p
the uac guide has all full fee lists right?
i was thinking of full feee coz when i enter uni [2005] theyre going to open hell more places for full feee due to cut backs..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
my chem tutor does physio at newcastle uni. it seems like a fair bit of work, dont leave essays and stuff to the last minute (aahhh, dont we all ;)) and before exams, study EVERYthing, not just what you think will be in the exam

haz_it_all

full fee is ~60 000......pretty cheap if ur rich lol or if ur at a private skool then u mite aswell pay full fee........cut-off 89.4

juggernaut

HSC
89.4 thats sweet..id prolly go for full fee

60 grand over 4 years isn't to bad when you think about it (for me anyway).. my school is already several thousand, in addition i would get a job..

anyone know what the pays like?
i have heard the pays not worth the hard work :p

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Hahah
True. You get $30 from private health insurance but you massage like crazy for 15mins flat.

juggernaut

HSC
30$ for 15 minutes... im up for that
and you have like 4 patients at a time or whatever
!!!!!!

guy

HSC
yeah my sister does it and is enjoying it but its hard work and you have to be familiar with kadivars (dead bodies)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by juggernaut
anyone know what the pays like?
i have heard the pays not worth the hard work :p
i did work experience with the occupational therapist at my local hospital a few weeks ago, and i was talkin to the phyio whilst i was there. there is a DRASTIC shortage, they cant get enough people to do it (well, thats like all allied health i guess). for OT, 1st yr grads get about 40k, which goes up every yr for 7 yrs, then you get into your grades, but its nearly impossible to get to the top grades; you need to be boss of OT with like 100 other OT's working under you. i presume its similar for physio.
i guess its a lot easier profession than say nursing, but its kinda hard work..well not hard...its just a LOT of paperwork, and i guess it really depends on how you interact with all sortsa different people, like ya gotta be able to talk to average people, but also old people, little kids, everyone.

haz_it_all

you cant be a millionairre but u can earn a damn good living.....especially if u open ur own place, my mate is a physio and gets $45 for 20mins, and hes got a waiting list thats 5weeks long.........thats a lott of bling bling

haz_it_all

you cant be a millionairre but u can earn a damn good living.....especially if u open ur own place, my mate is a physio and gets $45 for 20mins, and hes got a waiting list thats 5weeks long.........thats a lott of bling bling, you'd get at least 80k i reakon by the time ur 28ish....sumtimes more depends were u work

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
People working in the public health system get paid about the same as teachers. (*grumble*)
If you get into private practice it's different...but chances are you won't, or at least not for many years.

edd91

HSC
are you sure full fee is like 60000 isnt hecs only like 6000?

haz_it_all

Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
People working in the public health system get paid about the same as teachers. (*grumble*)
I dont think thats right, teachers get wat ~ 40000/year......physio gets about 30ish wen u leave uni. obviously workin in a hospital or sumwere run by gov then ud get less but if i work in a practice or gym u'll get money and yes MORE THAN A TEACHER

Originally posted by edd91
are you sure full fee is like 60000 isnt hecs only like 6000?
look in the uac book bro........hecs is about 7000 PER YEAR, mulitiply by 4 years thats 28000 for physio.....full fee is ~15-16000 PER YEAR, multiply by 4 thats ~60000 ( knew 3unit maths wuld come in handy one day)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)