Physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

nellyei

HSC
What are the chances of the UAIs for Physiotherapy at Newcastle (96.65) and University of Sydney (94.30) going up or going down. And if they do go up or down, by how much?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Say there are 300 places in a randomly selected course from the two given. This year, 299 people with 99+ UAIs apply to it. The 300th person to apply has a UAI of 52.36.

The cut off would be 52.36.

It's a system within which it is pretty much impossible to predict what the 'cut off' for any given course in any given year will be, unless they are set in advance to a fixed value by the university itself (for example, combined law at Wollongong, which is always 91.00). Your best bet is to look in the UAC guide which you should have a copy of (or failing that, the website), which will show you the trend for the last two years or so.

catmanchan

HSC
Hey! This is a question for those who are studying in Physiotherapy. I was wondering, how much of the stuff you learnt from physics in High school are in the course you're studying? It's just I didn't do Physics in year 11/12 and I'm a bit worried cause the lecturer today at INFO DAY was recommending the bridging course but I'm going overseas soon...

Thanks
Catherine

minumber1

HSC
physics bridging course

well if u do not want to be disadvantageous in any manner then u should do a physics bridging course. this is so because you will need the foundation of the basic physics laws and its applications so that u can apply it when u actually learn physics in uni. i noe that in order to do physio, you have to have the assumed knowledge of english, math, chem and phys...which is why u should do the physics bridging course.

u dun have to but u must remember that what ever the course, the speed they cover it in is like a kazzion times faster than high school. ask urself if u can handle such pace even though u have not dun the course.

i did physics in years 11/12 and found it to be quite interesting. :D

info day for usyd was fun wasn't it? went to the 3pm physio lecture. loved it. XD

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Pfft :p

I've never done physics and have yet done it for medical science or used/applied it in any way.

I think you'll be safe not doing it for now.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
Pfft :p

I've never done physics and have yet done it for medical science or used/applied it in any way.

I think you'll be safe not doing it for now.
This is correct. Medical Science does not touch upon Physics in any way, except for some minor minor (easy) bits in Chemistry. I can't imagine Physiotherapy being any different, as the first year is essentially the same for both subjects.

minumber1

HSC
medical sciences vs health sciences. ummm dun noe if u've played spot the difference before but i sure can tell that you there is a big different between the courses' names.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
minumber1 said:
medical sciences vs health sciences. ummm dun noe if u've played spot the difference before but i sure can tell that you there is a big different between the courses' names.
Of course. Having actually done one year of the said course, and having contact with multiple people in both, I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. Please forgive me, oh mighty HSC-graduate lord of information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)