Physio Options (1 Viewer)

annagrace42

HSC
Hiya,
Im hoping to do a bachelor of physio next year but can't find any info on admission as a non-yr 12 student. My ATAR of 99.0 would have got me into any of the courses in Sydney (USYD, UWS, ACU) but my GPA for my Arts degree is less impressive. Does anyone know if any unis still look take into account your year 12 marks if you've done further study? Also, does anyone do any of the courses, and give my some insight into what can I expect as a first year? Any info would be great... Which uni is meant to be the best? Are most students straight out of school? ACU's course isn't accredited yet, does anyone know why this is?
Thankyou in advance :)

lawstu

HSC
Sorry but I don't have the slightest idea. For what it's worth, with a reasonable ATAR of 99.00, a physiotherapy school would be pretty foolish not to accept you on the basis of academic merit. They may have other requirements, such as interviews, or policies. Therefore, I suggest you contact USYD, UWS, and ACU admissions or the faculties or schools themselves.

ACU's course is novel and it appears to be currently seeking accreditation. Its first cohort should be able to graduate and register with the Board.
I would probably stick with USYD or UWS, as they have a decent track record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)