Physics! (1 Viewer)

Chachamaru

HSC
Hello everybody
I was just wondering
Does anyone know what out of phrase means and its opposite as well, i think was in in phrase?

HSC
Leave the poor child alone I think the OP means "phase"

I think im overexplaining this..but anyways...I'm not sure what if it applies to anything else but it does apply to waves. When two particles are in phase they are corresponding parts of the wave. Same movement, line up exactly. So the particles at the crest and troughs of the wave would be in phase. YOu measure wavelengths by the distance of any two given particles in phase.

The opposite of out of phase is "in phase"

Last edited:

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
You mean like 180* out of phase, so when waves superimpose they cancel each other out, something like that?

.:BL4D3:.

HSC
Yo... Love this subject. Half common sense, half maths. Easy to rationalise. I'm tryna do HSC physics on the side but with 6 hours of tutoring per week and year 11 work, I'm finding it sorta hard. Any1 else have this problem?

Anyways, back to the topic, Phys rocks, stick with it in year 12, it gets more interesting.

James747

HSC
Physics gets alot harder in yr 12, in terms of the concepts you need to grasp. But it is quite interesting if you really pay attention and work hard to understand the stuff.

PrettyVacant

HSC
.:BL4D3:. said:
Yo... Love this subject. Half common sense, half maths. Easy to rationalise. I'm tryna do HSC physics on the side but with 6 hours of tutoring per week and year 11 work, I'm finding it sorta hard. Any1 else have this problem?

Anyways, back to the topic, Phys rocks, stick with it in year 12, it gets more interesting.
6 hours of tutoring? You still alive?

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
haha vectors. :)

somehow we had a discussion on vectors in english. :|.

テリー

HSC
James747 said:
Physics gets alot harder in yr 12, in terms of the concepts you need to grasp. But it is quite interesting if you really pay attention and work hard to understand the stuff.
Yes, you're right it gets very hard in yr12 and i suggest you yr11s better pay attention to class (cos i didnt and i regret it so so much)

James747~ Yes, i too, am dreaming beyond the skies, good luck to you buddie

physchemkid

HSC
phys=best subject ever, the sad bit about it tho is the way the BOS (board not bored) has waterred it down so that u do more physics in 4 u maths than in phys....:burn: :mad1:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
HSC physics is pretty lame. It's all history and recanting useless information with no maths/calculus/actual physics.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Is there a need for you to say you own, and then reinforcing it f3nr15?

If you think 6 hours of tutoring a week is bad, what about 8 hours >.>

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Thats just too much tutoring man.

You know anyone where 6-8 hours of tutoring had any significant results? Because that amount of tutoring is going wayyy overboard.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
you'll burn yourself out with that amount of tutoring. I reckon if you really feel the need for tutoring, 1-2 hours per week max. Most people get through the HSC without any tutoring at all.

If you feel you need more than that, then you're probably not using class time effectively or you've bitten off more than you can chew in terms of subject choices.

also it's good to learn some the skill of self learning without having someone walk you through everything.

Last edited:

Chachamaru

HSC
hello.
does anyone know what what is the relative refractive index to "Water to air":confused:
and Vacuum to Earth's atmosphere

and can you also please tell me how it is done?

James747

HSC
テリー said:
Yes, you're right it gets very hard in yr12 and i suggest you yr11s better pay attention to class (cos i didnt and i regret it so so much)

James747~ Yes, i too, am dreaming beyond the skies, good luck to you buddie
O kool! ~ Good luck to you too dude! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)