Physics predictions? (1 Viewer)

notme123

HSC
there are a lot of ways markers can demand more from you and making an easy exam is one of those ways. for example. the 7 marker on particles and the magnetic field. to get all 7 marks you'll need to talk about charge, radius, speed, direction, and something most people won't consider is radius decay. as charges accelerate, they emit emf which reduces KE thus their speed falls, and the radius of rotation gets smaller. idk if the question made it so you cant talk about that but its just higher order information that they want.

yanujw

HSC
there are a lot of ways markers can demand more from you and making an easy exam is one of those ways. for example. the 7 marker on particles and the magnetic field. to get all 7 marks you'll need to talk about charge, radius, speed, direction, and something most people won't consider is radius decay. as charges accelerate, they emit emf which reduces KE thus their speed falls, and the radius of rotation gets smaller. idk if the question made it so you cant talk about that but its just higher order information that they want.
So in the exam I considered talking about speed... but the question very specifically asked about the path not the motion. Will I lose a mark for that? Also aren't charge and direction the same linked concept? I discussed that X and Y had to be positively charged and Z negative by RHR.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Talked about charge, radius, speed, direction using Fc=Fb to derive the equation, didn't consider the decay though but damn that makes sense.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
y'all scaring me. i found Q32-35 were actually hard.
That projectile motion question was super easy that should've been q21 IMO
The other one was abt EM induction and it was straightforward, just dump faraday + lenz law -> EM braking
35 was pre straightforward?

Can't really think of a problem which was difficult in the paper but moreso just annoying/wierd. The mark distribution felt really wierd as well

jdad1

HSC
Also for the last question about testing whether the hypothesis was true, you had to say that the gravitational force of attraction was insignificant to account for the centripetal force since it was too small, right? By comparing GMm/r^2 and mv^2/r

yanujw

HSC
Also for the last question about testing whether the hypothesis was true, you had to say that the gravitational force of attraction was insignificant to account for the centripetal force since it was too small, right? By comparing GMm/r^2 and mv^2/r
Yeah pretty much. I used a calculation to show that the illustrated velocity is nowhere near what the actual orbital velocity would be, and then a sentence to consolidate that the hypothesis is wrong

Dobson

HSC
Hey guys this might be overthinking it, but for the last question is the gravitational force between the capsule and ISS low because a large component of the force is already due to the ISS orbit around earth? This is probably very wrong though

Lith_30

o_o
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys this might be overthinking it, but for the last question is the gravitational force between the capsule and ISS low because a large component of the force is already due to the ISS orbit around earth? This is probably very wrong though
I think the question asked about how the SYSTEM of the iss and capsule could evaluate the hypothesis, so i guess they wanted us to consider those two only rather than consider the Earth at all.

d1zzyohs

HSC
You could definetely say in the question that since the accelerations + velocity didn't math, much of the extra force being exerted were largely from the initial boosting stages + orbit around sun/earth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)