Physics Prac Exam !!!! (1 Viewer)

shushko69

HSC
I have a physics prac exam on motors and generators, they say they dont know what its on and that they cant tell us anything!!! ... Can anyone, who has done the exam tell me what happened in theirs..the teacher said that we walk in and do a prac and then we do stuff on it!!!!!!!AHHHHHH.. i hate the unknown! anyway...if sum 1 can help that would be gr8ly appreciated..

The last years yr 12 physics prac exam results were the highest at only 40%! ppls say that its is really random and has nearly NOTHING to do with the syllabus...dont think that i havent already studied! But because it is commonly random and on like non relevant topics I was just trying to get sum info on why it was like this, if sum1 who had done it could share the problems they encountered and if sum1 could give me tips on the skills i needed to touch up on to pass.....

helper

HSC
N/A
Have you received written notification?
What is on the notification?

It really should say at least what syllabus outcomes are being assessed.

shushko69

HSC
nothing written!!!!!!!omg.......they just said that its on motors and generators !.Motors use the effect of forces on current-carrying conductors in magnetic fields......in 9.3!!!!!! ye ppl in previous years say it is like on graphing and analysing data...

richz

well, look at the syllabus and look at all the pracs. stressless mate. And if its a gay prac call ur teacher to fuck a duck (lol, my fav saying for some reason).

ok, i'll summarise them
motor effect - simple, place conductor in magnetic field and then observe (most probably this one). We also did one like this, qs were like, work out polartiy of magnet, draw a force diagram make sure u include current, magnetic field and force
Force exp by current carrying conds - two conductors placed near each other, each connected to a power supply, if current in each same direction, conductors attract, if opp cond repel,
Generation of AC - Move magnet back and forth near a coil connected to a galvanometer
induction connect a smaller coil to a power supply and place it into a bigger coil which is connected to a galvanometer, and observe

i think thats it, i hope it helps. And like helper, i agree read the skills section, know the definitions of key words, ie quantitative, qualitative, validity, relaibility, accuracy etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:

helper

HSC
N/A
Well the first thing is to remind them it is a requirement for the new HSC written notification is given.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/newhsc_assessment.html

Other Procedural Requirements

The following list will help schools to check that they are meeting Board requirements for HSC internal assessment.

The school has procedures to:

* inform students in writing of the assessment requirements for each course before the commencement of the course
* ensure that students are given adequate written notice of the nature and timing of assessment tasks
* provide meaningful feedback to students on their performances in all assessment tasks

shushko69

HSC
wow...my physics teacher is pretty vague, maybe he forgot it! xrtzx, thanks 4 the summary that helps, at least it gives me an idea of the prac that may come around.... Also helper....that info is really important, i am going to show that to my teacher tomorow...can'r wait to c the look on his face! ;) btw the test is on wednesday maybe he will give it to us tomorow?

richz

well, they are supposed to give u two weeks notification and all the details :rolleyes:

helper

HSC
N/A
Have you done any of the topic yet?
If yes, have you done the equation to do with current carrying coinductors in electric fields?
F=BIl,

From what you have said, it sounds like it will be based on that. Plot a graph of F vs I and calculate B from the line of best fit.
So ensure you can determine what the gradient of a line means.
Recognize what dependent and independent variables are. Similarly for controls.

shushko69

HSC
yes we have done that,...btw helper u r a gr8 help, it wil probaly b on that!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)