Physics/Chemistry Write Notes OR Read Off Somebody's? (1 Viewer)

mrpali

HSC
Well the title basically sums it all up. Is it best to write you're own notes or to take someones and just read over it until I understand the concept? i've heard from people that they just read off somebody's notes and others say they wrote their own notes, i don't really know which to do. Any advice?

And also, would anyone recommend any good notes that I can use to help me throughout this year for both physics and chemistry? (pm me if you know or have any)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Solely reading over someone else's notes won't be as good as making your own. After all, their notes are only useful for them but not to others (if that makes sense). They may understand a concept very well and therefore doesn't have the need to write in detail so when someone else that has 0 knowledge reads it, they'll be missing key points. Use andrew harvey and nerdasdasd's notes.

If you cbf making notes, at least read from different sources.

mrpali

HSC
Solely reading over someone else's notes won't be as good as making your own. After all, their notes are only useful for them but not to others (if that makes sense). They may understand a concept very well and therefore doesn't have the need to write in detail so when someone else that has 0 knowledge reads it, they'll be missing key points. Use andrew harvey and nerdasdasd's notes.

If you cbf making notes, at least read from different sources.
Thanks for the advice, I think im going to make my own notes and use different sources to maximise my knowledge.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
read over to get an idea of what to do and then make your own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)