Physics Assesment Task (1 Viewer)

Brad

Hey everyone, sorry about this ive seen a lot of threads on the same sort of thing and i hope im not overloading it but i would appreciate some help.

We have to generate at least one (Hopeing for 5) Hypotheses to test Lenzs law and faradays experiments.

Im thinking its just like changing the speed of magnet approahing the coil, pole approaching etc etc.

Any other ideas? im hoping to do something different. They all have to be done in 1 period(50 minutes) so they dont have to be long complicated ones

Brad

Thanks, yeah those were the ones that i thought of, just using different variables with faradays experiments, the reversal of poles is Lenz's law, anyone know anyothers for Len'z law? or perhaps a far out different idea i could test?

Thanks heaps for the responses :)

Rahul

Dead Member
i know one that hasnt been mentioned before. its a bit hard to explain.

i attatched a pic.

basically the thing connected to the retort stand is two strings with a bar magnet. the string is at the 2 extremeties of the magnet. you twist the magnet....like you do with swings, and you spin back.

the thing at the bottom is the base of an aluminium can cut out. you place that on a pin, or something pointy. you make a little dent in the middle of the base, so that it balances.

then bring the magnet close enough and let it twist down...

now even though aluminum itself wont react with the magnetic fields, but since the field will be cutting through, it will repel the motion and spin the other way =>lenz's law.

hth.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
any metal moving in a magnetic field will have eddie currents flowing in them... the magnetic braking in the tribeam balance is an example, many other similar models can be used, eg, a metal swing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)