Physical Journeys (1 Viewer)

tommy_1

Hey all...

For my english assignment I have decided to do SHREK for physical journeys, doing peter skrzynecki.

The essay question is "Travelling changes the Traveller"

If anyone has any ideas about how travelling creates change in the traveller and ideas for stimulus booklet and skrzynecki PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Assignment due monday... as you can see HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

P

pLuvia

Nothing wrong with shrek, as long as he analyzes it well there's no problem

The whole concept of journey is basically changing oneself, there are heaps of things you can say

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
just my opinion..but i wouldnt do shrek...maybe get some article from the saturday syd morning herald magazine? a novel? australian story ? there is heapz

tommy_1

yeah i don't know

i don't think it really matters on the text but what i could write.

There are lots of parallels though... and links such as shrek crossed a red sea of lava to save fiona and one ofskrxyneckis poems is crossing the red sea (very simple link)

WELL ARHHHH

Now you are all making me change my mind - i was thinking of doing eiher shrek or frankenstein - my english techer loves shrek and thinks its a very interesting postmoderntext - but yeah now i dont know - What do you think??

vTr

HSC
miss_gtr said:
If your doing Skryznecki, you must be doing Advanced english...PLEASE choose something other than Shrek. Please.
im doing him and im doing standard english, nuf sed ( i do go to a really good school tho )

hey would " the matrix " be an okay text to sutudy for a Physical ?

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

If you go to a "really good school", why would it have standard, don't most "good" schools restrict students from studying standard subjects?

tommy_1

What if i took a metaphorical stance on Shrek

That because the movie shrek is directly self referential we are forced to think about ourselves as viewers. We too are the travellers that experience change along shreks journey - we journey with him.

It appearson the surfce that that their would be a moral undertone to this film - that the outsider - Shrek is accepted as having feelings and sensibilities. However this is a naieve and superficial view. If we look closely at the values that Shrek is emitting it actually argues that Shreks worls is no different to Skrzynecki's world.

Shrek cut himself away from "fairytaleland" only accepting donkey becuase of his nagging 'pesteringness' and even fiona becomes an ogre and assimillates into his world. Perhaps the undetone to this film is simply reiterating skrzyneckui's alienation as a traveller to a foreign world.

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
miss_gtr said:
why is standard doing Skryznecki? as far as i know.. its a set Advanced topic/module..whatever you want to call it.
My school, the standards are also doing Skryznecki, and Advanced doing Jesse Martin's Lionheart. I would've thought it would be the other way round, but anyway.

But I don't think Shrek nor the Matrix are a good texts for journey either. My teacher told us "no animation, no sci-fi, no overly supernatural or complicated plots and themes". You just have to really make sure the text your choosing won't need much explanations in terms of plot. You don't want to be 'describing' your essay rather than analysing it.

tommy_1

What do you guys think of doing frankenstein any physical journeys.

- physical journey of making monster
- physiclal journey of revenge through the alps
- captain wltons phsycial journey to the north pole....

??? Any other ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)