Physical Journeys Recommended Related Texts (1 Viewer)

Ashie123

HSC
how about big fish for the film? I know its imaginative:mad1: ... but its physical too:) ... and emotional:mad1:
but i reckon its a pretty good idea. anyone ever done it?

Lawl

HSC
Lord of the rings is a no no. My teacher marks the HSC and has seen serveral papers based on that book. The more people who do it the less orginality plus chances are you'll be compared to someone better than you

Grace W

HSC
Stephie121 said:
Im using The Rabbits by Shaun Tan. Its a quality picture book says my teacher lol. and the series of novels by Dave Pelzer...
your a loser lol. rabbit your a rabbit but i love ya guts:wave:

Grace W

HSC
you cant actually use rabbit proof fence as it is a board of studies text so its a nono.. i read slave by mende nazer. its a true story and an awesome book ... its a recommendation from me.. the best book i recon i have read

Grace W

HSC
i read slave by mende nazer.. she was taken from her tribe at the age of 12 and put into slavery... awesome book and i recommend reading.. its a physical journey but also inner

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Jesykka said:
Our english teacher told us it was probably better to avoid Lord of the Rings although she didn't explain why. Anyone with similar thoughts?
Its because Lord of the rings can be found easily, and teachers believe that you didn't look hard enough for a good related material. Also lots of people use it, thus making it an extremly well known text.

shorteh

HSC
i desperatly need a poem for my related text.
it has to have something to do with one of
peter skrzynecki's poems

anyone got one!!
i need ur help!!!!!

elle. xx

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

xsavagex

HSC
i did for my recent assessment which is a powerpoint i did the wizard of oz (the film not the book) as my related text. i havent got the marks back yet...

only thing is it has physical, imaginative and inner journey

kirra529

HSC
We have a speech due next week which i sorta left to the last min.... i know no one will prob be able to reply before tomorow but ill post this anyway..

do you reckon that "Two Beds and a Coffee Machine" by savage garden is a good text for physical Journey?

our teacher told us it doesnt matter if it is multiple kinds of journey so long as we can find some way to link it to physical.. and it seems pretty physical orientated. and also, i need to choose a text from the stimulus booklet..

i was thinking wind in the willows extract because it talks of wanting of change and not wanting of change. and i was thinking that it could relate to the savage garden song because the woman in it NEEDS to leave due to the abusive relationship. and so there is a contrast there?

what do people think.. plzkthnx in advance for ANY help

kirra

MediocreIronic

HSC
Ashie123 said:
how about big fish for the film? I know its imaginative:mad1: ... but its physical too:) ... and emotional:mad1:
but i reckon its a pretty good idea. anyone ever done it?
My friend did big fish last year. I can't remember what her mark was but i know the teachers thought it was a good idea.

emma4matt

HSC
good related text are: finding nemo
ice age
lord of the rings
the da vince code
harry potter
fast car by tracy chapman

robs

HSC
hey just wondering if "looking for alibrandi" would be a good related text for a physical journey and relvent to the poetry of peter skrzynecki :confused:

Kirei

HSC
Im just wondering whether Cruz by Christina Aguilira would be a good related text for a physical journey for peter skryznecki's poems????
Any help would be great!!!:)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
emma4matt said:
good related text are: finding nemo
ice age
lord of the rings
the da vince code
harry potter
fast car by tracy chapman
finding nemo was a related text used by another english standard class in our school for Module A, not Physical Journeys.

ange310

HSC
The motorcycle diaries is a great one if your looking for something different. all in subtitles but the physical journey is really dominant and it relates well to huck finn if that is what your doing.

uneducated02017

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a poem about physical journeys for a related text, but i can't find anything really relevant. Does anybody know any good poems about physical journeys? :wave: Another goood physical journey related text is the song "From little things big things grow" by Paul kelly and the waifs. it shows a 7year journey of an aboriginal tribal representative to the city to try and regain the aboriginal lane. true story.

tiger880

HSC
i am using shaun tans new picture book called the arrival. amazing book.

tiger880

HSC
uneducated02017 said:
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a poem about physical journeys for a related text, but i can't find anything really relevant. Does anybody know any good poems about physical journeys? :wave: Another goood physical journey related text is the song "From little things big things grow" by Paul kelly and the waifs. it shows a 7year journey of an aboriginal tribal representative to the city to try and regain the aboriginal lane. true story.
if you use peter skrynecki or any other poet for your prescribed or stimulus text its not wise to use it for your related text aswell. Also when using a song while also using other poetry you must analyse the music not the lyrics.

skot

HSC
tiger880 said:
if you use peter skrynecki or any other poet for your prescribed or stimulus text its not wise to use it for your related text aswell. Also when using a song while also using other poetry you must analyse the music not the lyrics.
why shoud you analyse the music not the lyrics?? i thought the lyrics would what the listener relates to???? how is the music importnat in journey?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)