Physical Journeys [poll] (1 Viewer)

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
zedzed said:
yep, i managed to write a 10 page essay on a question i didn't even understand.

it's funny cos i think everyone i've spoken to who goes to a selective school found that exam difficult and those who found it easy don't.
not exactly..... ppl who go 2 selective don't always find this exam (this topic) difficult... i didn't, my friends didn't...

all we had to do was add it in, and then go how there are more to it and just splurt out our prepared essay and randomly slot in interpreation of the new which this this this leads to realisation.

it worked for heaps of us. i dunno..... some mite feel it is difficult coz in selective we think too hard, not good. we make it hard for ourselves... but then we usually come around, 2 mins after the rest of the normal ppl....

2 mins less writing time... but still, i managed 10 pages. hope they liked it, got 12/15 for dat in trial (prepared + the quote + changes)

klaw

HSC
HinikuTheNinja said:
Gahh. I just didn't like it. At all. I can't remmeber what my thesis was at all. Something about the new being whatever it is the journeyer discovers about themself or their world. With 'Crossing the Red Sea', 'Immigrants at Central Station', 'Journeys over Land and Sea', and 'The Island'. I was gonna use a song and a book, 'Passion' by Utada Hikaru (gogo random Jap songs) and 'The Messenger' by Marcus Zusak, but I ran outta time because I'd had to go to the toilet halfway through. T___T

Sad... so sad...
How do you analyse jap songs in english?? o_O

And that's why you should bring a drink bottle in, not to drink but for emergency peeing :). Frantically scribbling away + pissing simultaneously = win.

Last edited:

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
5.....actually worse than that.
zenzen, I also wrote 9 pages on something I didn't understand. I still don't know what I wrote in it, and I don't think I want to know.

kezz_xxxx

HSC
Overall I thought it was ok.
I managed to work my prepared answer around and basically said that through the impact on our inner being our interpretation of the new allows us to expand our knowledge about ourselves, individuals and the world around us......or something like that :s

I think I wrote about 7 pages? Can't really remember.

Used:
1-The Town Where Time Stands Still
2-Migrant Hostel
3- Immigrants at Central Station
4- Tomorrow, When The War Began (extract)

meteorangela

HSC
"I found the physical journey question (section III)...."

4) Totally not sure

I had no idea if what i wrote was correct.. but you know, it's over so whoopeedooo

meteorangela

HSC
klaw said:
How do you analyse jap songs in english?? o_O

And that's why you should bring a drink bottle in, not to drink but for emergency peeing :). Frantically scribbling away + pissing simultaneously = win.
LOL lovely pee-ing theory there.. :rolleyes::p

However, that only works for boys.. girls.. :confused: i must say i;m not that talented ;)

hog

hogman
HSC
yeah at first i was confused with the question...but was able to manipulate it to fit my thesis which was good

Although im disappointed that i only got 5 1/2 pages and only one related texts....im a very slow writer but i could have said so much more!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Llama you really love this non-prepared business don't you?

In any case i decided to skip my physical journeys essay and went for my imaginative journeys one. Twas great.

This year's physical journeys one was actually subtly extremely difficult. I mean what else can you say about the 'interpretation of the new' besides how the metaphysical process of journeying as a result of physical transition expands our social world view to assumptions we were not aware of previously? Hence 'interpretaion of the new'. I did Huck Finn which went alright with this because that little guy learnt more about society and its paradigms through his journeying down the river etc etc but what about the other texts? So f*cking weird.

Others' prepared essays 'broadening our consciousness/understanding/world view' for the HSC questions in the last couple of years would have to be tweaked to fit into a thesis similar to the above. Due to the focus on the 'new'. And now i'm going to have to prepare future hsc-ers for BS questions like this year.

Imaginative journeys <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)