Physical Journeys essay structure (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Hey guys,

I have an assessment task in a few weeks and I haven't even started doing anything for AOS.

My set text is poems from Peter Srznecki's "Immigrant Chronicle". Anyway, I wish to collect some related material that has the same journey aspects to that of Peter's poems.

How do I structure an essay?

I have always planned to structure it like this:

Intro
Set Text
Set Text
Related Material
Related Material
Stimulus Booklet

Just with the linking, should I link it while I'm explaining something in a paragraph, or start a new paragraph after I've done this and drawing links between the texts.

Could someone please help me? I am not sure how to structure it as I wish to also links texts, and my ideas on how to go about it are messy!

Thanks in advance.

Oh, what type of related material shoud I collect for relating to the set text. Should it have the same themes, ideas, meaning, or can it be anything?

I'm stuck.

Please help. Thank you.

Manan

HSC
Hey there,

For the essay structure our teacher suggests that we use the catalyst, process and consequence method, and go through the text simultaneously. So talk about your set text, related and stimulus material at the same time. Does that make sense???:) As for related material, I'd say have a bit of a variety so that you can talk about different techniques, and issues etc-don't make it all the same and boring....

Just a few suggestions...
Hope it helped;)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Hi,

Try doing a search on AoS essays in this forum. There are a lot of available resources on this site!

Telisha

HSC
Hey,
I'm currently doing my HSC :) and was wondering if I you still had copies of the information you used to base your Physical Journey's essay on? Your help would be much appreciated...One of my set texts is the play 'Away' by Michael Gow, so any useful on that particular text would be greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps!:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)