Physical Journey: "Human Spirit" (1 Viewer)

ipod21

HSC
For those in Section III who did Physical Journeys, how did you interpret "strong human spirit".

This girl I know from another school who did Jess Martin's Lion Heart (spelling?) said that the novel had the subtext "journey of the human spirit".... so that was a perfect question for them.

Anyway, both my related texts didnt relate to "human spirit" (well I didnt study that aspect....)

i cant even categorise it under a syllabus dot point..

Last edited:

Laddle

HSC
i hated this question.
it related in no way to my related pieces.

when the hell were we meant to learn about human spirit.

Pillows

Banned
HSC
God, I was so happy when I saw the quote. I interpreted human spirit to just be like an individual thirst for life, and their willingness to survive etc etc. So really, it fit in really well with Skrzynecki.

HSC
I made up all this crap how it is nessersary to have a strong human spirit because of the challenge's they present..

Pillows

Banned
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
I made up all this crap how it is nessersary to have a strong human spirit because of the challenge's they present..
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Good on ya.

Geohood

HSC
Im trying to figure out how the animals in 'Wind in the Willows' have human spirit lol

HSC
really i was thinking as i am writing it oh no i am going to fail.

that is good then

i wrote 8 pages for it too.

dzth

HSC
isnt strong spirit related to resilience? at least thats how i interpreted it.

Pillows

Banned
HSC
dzth said:
isnt strong spirit related to resilience? at least thats how i interpreted it.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I said.

HSC
does it matter how you interpret the question as long as you back it up. It was ultimatly asking for your opinion

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
The question could have basically been answered in which ever way people thought was relevant, as long as your texts supported your analysis. Also, 'human spirit'; isn't that basically the gradual growth of an individual on the journey due to their 'spirit' and willingness and strength to progress; it ties in with the sub-conscience mind of the human i.e. the impact of feelings

That's how i looked at it.

smartrosa

HSC
oh my thesis looks really weak and unsophisticated compared to these... i had imaginative journeys and Coleridge as my text and i tried to focus on personal growth and developing a greater understanding for the characters of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Lime Tree Bower My Prison, as well as the children in The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and the main character in Shaun Tans' The Arrival (a children's picture book).

I dont really remember tho... i wrote 9 pages (but my handwritings messy and big) and my only problem is I babble and dont actually make a coherent point. My last text was the weakest though, i didnt write as much as for the others and didnt really develop my thesis.
Hope its ok :worried:

rammedstein

HSC
define the human spirit:

the human spirit is vodka, it's a strong spirit that almost all humans like

umm, i didn't really have any issues wiht that question, the perscribed text i did for it was away by michael gow which has a kidwith cancer and a big thunderstorm that destroyed shit,

so talking about human spirit was straight forward, especially usign cast away as one of the extra texts

leon4u

HSC
Basically on every physical journey one will seek new challenges and twists. Without human spirit it will not be possible to reach the destination as its so vital bla bla

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad
the human spirit... an embodiment of resilience and this ability to surpass adversity... and so forth... saw a pretty good connection with Kite Runner and Mao's Last Dancer but... damn so pressed for time:(

nrs1990

HSC
I had "human spirit" as something like "strength of character". It worked really well with my texts (I had 'Rabbit Proof Fence' as my set text) -- I was happy when I saw it, because I realised that I might actually be able to answer the question this time. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)