PHYS1001 Prerequisites (1 Viewer)

Roc-Nation

HSC
Hi, does anyone know whether it would be at all possible to attempt PHYS1001 without having completed HSC Physics or is it best to stick to PHYS1002?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Uni physics is very different to HSC physics.

I would say HSC maths is 10x more important for PHYS1001 than HSC physics.

teridax

HSC
N/A
Uni physics is very different to HSC physics.

I would say HSC maths is 10x more important for PHYS1001 than HSC physics.
Don't mean to sound ignorant as I don't take high school science anymore, but why is that the case? I thought that HSC physics was relevant to its uni counterpart.

Silly Sausage

HSC
Prerequisite is a minimum mark of 65 in HSC physics.

Don't mean to sound ignorant as I don't take high school science anymore, but why is that the case? I thought that HSC physics was relevant to its uni counterpart.
University physics is almost all calculations, thus making a huge portion of HSC physics irrelevant whilst emphasizing more on your mathematical background. Plus, the course outline says PHYS1001 should be studied concurrently with MATH1XX1 AND MATH1XX2.

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
HSC physics is a lot about the history of physics and knowing random theories.

Uni physics is all about using calculus to work out forces and using other mathematical stuff like complex numbers and differential equations.

Hence why HSC maths is way more important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)