• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

PHYS (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Fak I knew it. What did everyone else get?
I got something like 0.3 kg/m

Which seemed a bit high but meh.

Cause the maximum length down was something like 32.6 m

So I found it weird that the web used was 10 kg lol.

Oh and I think for 5)e) omega is always changing and is variable as he keeps falling in.

I got something retarded but it was in terms of R and G and M so yeah a bit weird looking. Other people told me its just (w^2)x = a

So yeah idk probs will get half marks there not sure.

Last edited:

klavier

HSC
How's Rob Wittenmyer as a lecturer?
Pretty funny , good slides

Anyway, 32.6 m is the alien length yes.
I used it as wavelength to get (f * lambda)^2 = T/miu , probably incorrect though
gravity of alien planet should be 12 something or 13.

Also anyone got steel heat flow rate as 736 J/s?
and for the collusion question it's just mu1+mu2 = 1/2kx^2 + 2mV right?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

I used it as wavelength to get (f * lambda)^2 = T/miu , probably incorrect though

Yeah g = 13ish

I have no idea what you mean by wavelength.

I got the power bit I think wrong (it came out as 4 J/s which is way too low but just moved on but yeah I think the error carried on too which is unfortunate).

Which formula did you use though for it.

I started with P = kAdT/dx but I got stuck cause I did not have enough info on that and used the one with emissitivity and put e = 1.

So yeah that's probably why I got it wrong.

I got something similar for the collision but the question was unclear on what happened afterwards so not sure if mine was exactly the same or a bit different.

How did you go overall?

klavier

HSC
Conclusion: Test was fucked, just hope I got 50%.
In fact that's why I can't move on to the next subject (COMP)
too obsessed with whether I passed or not
Angstman just said they could inform us whether we passed or not by july 2nd

Web Addict

HSC

Is he the PHYS1121 version of Joe Wolfe, i.e. very entertaining but not a very good teacher?

klavier

HSC
I think I did fine overall , I LOVE doing those E = Q + W questions, they are like baby algebra
I got 0/10 for the pulley thing for sure though, just dont understand how those things work

The only question I came across that used emissitivity equation is the online quiz, where if you are in outerspace you will lose energy one. Lel

I would kill to know how they mark, as you can see 25 marks for 5 sub questions(e.g. Q2;Q5), if you got stucked you are finished.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah Wolfe is just like some hypo kid every lecture: Can't explain shit, but likes to make jokes and do heaps of demonstrations.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I think I did fine overall , I LOVE doing those E = Q + W questions, they are like baby algebra
I got 0/10 for the pulley thing for sure though, just dont understand how those things work

The only question I came across that used emissitivity equation is the online quiz, where if you are in outerspace you will lose energy one. Lel

I would kill to know how they mark, as you can see 25 marks for 5 sub questions(e.g. Q2;Q5), if you got stucked you are finished.
Yeah I was hoping 90% of mechanics was E = Q + W so that I could smash it but unfortunately it was only a small portion of the paper.

Wait which one was the pulley one (I swear I can't remember what q3b is anymore and I can't trigger it from my memory).

q2a I got probs like 1 or 2/10 because I've never understood which way you get the force components because its never been explained properly (even in HSC MX2 I never understood them properly), I got somewhere but it did not look all that correct.

Yeah that's why I think I stuffed that bit up :/

q2 was out of 20 lol.

q5 was alright though. Hoping I can get 20/30 for it. If not maybe 15/30 minimum because some of my working for part d and e seemed a bit off.

Oh and I could not understand what c was asking for (I forgot the question now but I remember not knowing what I was supposed to even find or write).

q2b I fudged the working for moment of inertia lol.

I still got mr^2/3 or something like that but it was all over the place.

Last edited:

klavier

HSC
Force component is just weight * sin theta, try putting theta from 1 degree to 89 degree and you will understand how it works

my attempt to the block on slope question was F - mgsin theta - umgcos theta = ma
but I cant explain the deduce a theta for largest F.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
every other year thermo was easy marks but that caloromiter question i couldnt do....
I did it all but I have a feeling that a majority of calorimeter part was wrong.

Like the final temperature I got something in the 20's degrees celsius which I think is wrong, but then again I have the carry on error so not sure :/

PV diagram was easy though, should get 15/15 there. inb4 mistake.

damn hoping for pass. Why couldn't we just go back to pre 2011 so that you pass without passing the final.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
I did it all but I have a feeling that a majority of calorimeter part was wrong.

Like the final temperature I got something in the 20's degrees celsius which I think is wrong, but then again I have the carry on error so not sure :/

PV diagram was easy though, should get 15/15 there. inb4 mistake.

damn hoping for pass. Why couldn't we just go back to pre 2011 so that you pass without passing the final.
Every year since has been asking this question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)