photography 1 as an elective - with a degree from different faculty (1 Viewer)

sandz_2

HSC
Hi there, I'm in my final year of study doing a bachelor of science. I am just wondering if anyone on this forum has done photography 1.. to give me any thoughts and opinions on how the subject is and runs and if it is any good.

I have a bit of interest in photography and just recently bought a DSLR camera... but it is to a degree as a hobby in taking photos at family weddings etc.. and I haven't done anything photography related at uni whatsoever.. Do you think I will be disadvantaged or will struggle as I have never done any design courses by doing photo 1.. considering I have been in practical classes and labs for the past 3 years.. any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

BertyR

Photographer
HSC
Hi there, I'm in my final year of study doing a bachelor of science. I am just wondering if anyone on this forum has done photography 1.. to give me any thoughts and opinions on how the subject is and runs and if it is any good.

I have a bit of interest in photography and just recently bought a DSLR camera... but it is to a degree as a hobby in taking photos at family weddings etc.. and I haven't done anything photography related at uni whatsoever.. Do you think I will be disadvantaged or will struggle as I have never done any design courses by doing photo 1.. considering I have been in practical classes and labs for the past 3 years.. any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
You should know that it is black and white film photography and flash cannot be used (natural light only). It's somewhat basic work so nothing too complex. It involves taking photographs to specific criteria and developing them yourself in the darkroom. Cost of equipment should be taken into account. You will need a 35mm Film SLR camera, photographic paper, B & W film, filters, etc. These are somewhat costly especially film and paper which are on-going costs.

I study Photography and Situated Media and this is a core subject. IMO it's a great subject and even with your 'bit of interest in photography' I think you would enjoy it too. Hope that helps...

sandz_2

HSC
Sorry, this a bit delayed but thanks for the info :) .. i think i might skip doing it then considering all those factors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)