• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Photographic memory? (1 Viewer)

mrh94

HSC
This is really random, but I'm honestly curious on whether I have some degree of a photographic memory.
I've been able to memorize 1000 word essays the night before ( in like, 2-3hours) and remember word-by-word during the exam.
Once, I memorized half my essay for English in 10 minutes before I had the exam ( It sounds horrible, I know hahah) and I was able to remember word-to-word.
Maybe I just have a good short-term memory. I have no clue and I'm genuinely curious.
What do you guys think?
Is it some degree of a photographic memory or is just normal?
Thanks guys! :D

starshine02

HSC
I don't know if it's photographic but im pretty sure it's not normal. so lucky though! i wish i had a good memory...

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
i did that for my exams too.
i just use different highlighters that represent quotes/techniques/context
then it takes me about 2 hours to memorise

i guess its a mixture of photographic + short term memory.

madharris

HSC
N/A
My mom has a photographic memory!
We tested her, gave her about 15 url's to remember from youtube for about 5minutes
She said them all correctly

too bad her amazing genes didn't pass on to me :(
I have a horrible memory

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I managed to remember stuff with one read. You have a good memory :)

deswa1

HSC
You have a very good memory but no way photographic. I can remember an essay in that sort of time frame too- photographic memory refers to being able to see something once and then just recall it perfectly, like you took a photo of it.

The best example I can think of is this guy that can fly over a city and then when he lands, paint the whole thing perfectly (like even appropriate windows on a building). That's close to photographic memory- you might want to read the wiki article on it- its quite interesting.

mrh94

HSC
The best example I can think of is this guy that can fly over a city and then when he lands, paint the whole thing perfectly (like even appropriate windows on a building). That's close to photographic memory- you might want to read the wiki article on it- its quite interesting.
Oh wow, that'd be so cool and unnerving at the same time. Nope, mine's definitely not to that extent hahaha. But like, is there a technical term for someone with a good memory? or is just...."good memory" ? lol

mrh94

HSC
My mom has a photographic memory!
We tested her, gave her about 15 url's to remember from youtube for about 5minutes
She said them all correctly
That is so cool! Do you by any chance watch Suits? your Mum reminded me of Mike (he has a photographic memory). So badass.

hayabusaboston

HSC
photographic memory test: digit span. You can do an official one, or simply look up first 1000 decimals of pi, and read them ONCE, and see if you can recall ALL of them. I got about 150 so obviously I failed LOL anyway see how many you can get.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Most decent actors be able to have that many words down perfectly in that time.

HSC
Getting very jealous - my narrative isn't sticking in my head

Neptunes

HSC
You have a very good memory but no way photographic. I can remember an essay in that sort of time frame too- photographic memory refers to being able to see something once and then just recall it perfectly, like you took a photo of it.

I heard about that aswell, I think he was autistic. Or I might be thinking of another guy

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
That is so cool! Do you by any chance watch Suits? your Mum reminded me of Mike (he has a photographic memory). So badass.
came onto this thread thinking someone would mention suits and what do you know haha. mike's memory is insane, having something like that would be really interesting

mrh94

HSC
came onto this thread thinking someone would mention suits and what do you know haha. mike's memory is insane, having something like that would be really interesting
I know right!
+1 amazing show. season 2 is turning out to be pretty good
Yes it's the bomb! Harvey Spectar is beyond the realms of sexy. I just want him to bare my children :p

HSC
Uni Grad
I have a slight photogenic memory. My uncle on my dad's side, has a photogenic memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)