• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Phone Booth (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
I've seen Phonebooth yonks ago and thought it was good. Colin Farrell is hot.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
CharlieB said:
lol you are a fucking idiot......the matrix reloaded took like 300 days to shoot. most hollywood blockbusters take more than 4-6 weeks to shoot. anyway, the matrix is on a totally different scale compared to phone booth. it obviously shows that the length of making of a film means something.
omg! really?! there was a movie that took longer than 6 weeks to shoot? that completely shoots down my theory after you provided ONE example. notice how i said 'hollywood' movie, and not 'huge budget special effects demo'. and what exactly does the length of shooting (not 'making' as you said, which is completely different) actually have to do with anything? you make this claim based on some imaginery fairy logic, methinks

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
= Jennifer = said:
today i rented phone booth it looked interesting and when i watched it, it was crap, has anyone else seen this movie what did they think of it?
your not alone, I thought it was one of the most crapiest movies I've seen.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
I saw it at the movies and i thought it was good, it did drag on at times but i overall enjoye it still.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
It was decent, but very much a gimick film. And it did get kinda boring.

As to the shooting thing - how can you even know how long the spent making/filming the Matrix Reloaded - they filmed the sequels together. That's like saying it took them 2 years (or whatever) to make one of the lord of the rings movies.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
that movie was soo awesome considerin it was done in i think like 10 days(told in dvd extras):p

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Hm. Dont think you should really base how good a movie is on how many days it was filmed. Yes, 10 days shooting is probably shorter than the average hollywood film but considering the limitations in setting etc, its not THAT impressive. Like i said before, i found the idea of colin farrel stuck in a phonebooth entertaining but not so much the film

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Reshie said:
that movie was soo awesome considerin it was done in i think like 10 days(told in dvd extras):p
i really really hope your kidding

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
crazyhomo said:
your average hollywood film is shot in 4-6 weeks.
No.. according to the November Specs Sheet from the MPAA, the current average for filming is 3.75 months.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
honky tonk said:
No.. according to the November Specs Sheet from the MPAA, the current average for filming is 3.75 months.
link ?

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
It was a great movie. If you can build suspense and action with so little, I think you've done a good job. Maybe you should quit bashing it :p I liked it, and the way it was structured was excellent.

But no matter who likes something, someone else is always going to hate it. You have to admire the ability to keep suspense in a movie with one setting, 4-5 characters and little to no action. I enjoyed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)