Phistory (1 Viewer)

F.O.B.

Physics, especially Qanta to Quarks, has turned into a semi history lesson.

So many scientists, discoveries, social contects, dates etc etc.

Anyone else feel the same?

SkAnDi

HSC
Give me calculations!!

Physics = english

me != english

Me = fail physics.

COMPREHENSIVE

I totally agree, the new HSC syllabus has been total fucked up inpaticular Physics and Chemistry. I wish they would get rid of all the history and english and put back some maths and problem solving so the exams could be a bit more then a stupid memory test. Lazy people with good brains like me have been screwed by this nem HSC syllabus.

KingofthieF

yeah EVERYTHING in ALL science subject is turning into English lessons... the mark is no long (well to my opinion) awarded on the basis of ur understanding but rather ur ability to communicate effectively ur knowledge... and that is so so so crap~~

To back up my argument... my first assessment is to wirte a creative story about relativity (wtf) .. my last assessment before the trials is 2 essays about the option (acceptable to a certain extend)... and my trials three long responses each worth 7 marks

Calculation is no longer the main component of the test in this HSC.. and what really bother me is that it goes for all sciences as well... farout BIOLOGY CHEMISTRY and PHYSICS! gees :mad:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
agreed entirely....the actual figure is 11% calculations 89% theory/history/shit, from memory..

even my teacher subtley pays out the new syllabus...how its annoying and stupid...cos he's like a genius in calculations, but doesnt give a toss about who's model of the atom was better

thrillhouse

i remember one of my yr11 assignments for physics.. it was.. THE stupidest thing.

one part, Find a picture that looks like your chosen Physicist, explain why.
Draw a tombstone for the dead physicist... like cmon.. its not art, althoguh that is more theory then prac.

quartic

My teacher isn't subtle in paying out on the new syllabus. Anyway I don't think the physics is as bad as the chemistry but it's still bad. The think is that a compete understanding of the physics will only get you so far, that's my problem with it anyway.

AcCeSs-DeNieD

well what I find that's annoying is that my physics teacher doesn't even know what he's talking about half the time and he wonder's why we don't seem to go well in our tests.... out of our physics teachers we end up with the least capable one.......yay.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Is there any subject that isn't english?

Forget physics and chemistry, you may be asked to "explain" in maths!

And with the new English syllabus, English isn't English!

When will they learn.

Ace-Pilot

Geez Guys,

Why u bagging out physics so much i reckon the new syllubous is alrite. I do agree with u guys that the course is turning towards explanitions rather than calculations but thats not all bad.

Anewayz i believe physics is a very interesting course and i wish there was 3 or 4 unit physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)