Phillip Pullman - His Dark Materials (1 Viewer)

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
timmay05 said:
Interpretations of the series... How have those who have read the series interpreted it...

One opinion is here... http://www.christian-teachers.org.uk/news/PhilipPullman.htm

I sort of interpret it almost the opposite.
LOL.."he potrays good as evil, evil as good" well...This guy is evil himself...He is defining what is good and what is bad..in a very very exclusive way..

THis idea that i just commented is from Lao Tzu... "Tao Teh Ching" read it..it's worth it..

Waddo

Pundit
HSC
I loved this trilogy. The ending was a bit unexpected... but I did enjoy the time spent speculating on what my daemon would be. I always liked the idea of a snake, usually harmless but potentially deadly.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I bought "Lyra's Oxford" the other day. It's a cute little book but not worth the $29.95 rrp.

jennylim

HSC
the trilogy was ok, i guess. i was absolutely entranced by northern lights...the subtle knife was pretty good...but the amber spyglass left me absolutely cold. not just the overtly tactless atheist allegories, but more the flatness of the entire book. the whole thing had been building up to some epic battle but it was just so...boring. meh.

you'd think a guy who had the balls to go on and on about how much he hated narnia for its crapness (publicly) would have written something a bit better. oh well.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
jeenylim has no idea she is not harry potter!

The trilogy is awesome i read all three books, the subtle knife is no doubt the best of the three. its must to read!

jennylim

HSC
HotShot said:
jeenylim has no idea she is not harry potter!
oi!!!!! i read a LOT more than harry potter, thank you very much!!!! hp just happens to be something that i discuss a lot.

i stand by my opinions on HDM nonetheless...they just got crapper. however, that's not really THAT bad, seeing as northern lights started out really well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)