pharmacy vs law (1 Viewer)

jessamine

HSC
hello, im confused as to what to choose first on my preference list; law at uts or pharmacy at usyd. what are the main factors affecting both courses? ie, the supermarket take over pharmaceudicals. please enlighten me, i know next to nothing about law at uts. what is it like?

for my hsc, i did 4u maths, 3u english, chem, music 2. my uai is 97.35, so i may scrape law or arts law at uts. in terms of universities, i've herad that uts' law faculty has a more hands on approach than unsw law.

and if i choose law, what should i combine it with?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
jessamine said:
hello, im confused as to what to choose first on my preference list; law at uts or pharmacy at usyd. what are the main factors affecting both courses? ie, the supermarket take over pharmaceudicals. please enlighten me, i know next to nothing about law at uts. what is it like?

for my hsc, i did 4u maths, 3u english, chem, music 2. my uai is 97.35, so i may scrape law or arts law at uts. in terms of universities, i've herad that uts' law faculty has a more hands on approach than unsw law.

and if i choose law, what should i combine it with?
The Law Guide has some information you may find useful, in particular about whether you should study law.

As for UTS being more "hands on" than UNSW, that approbation does not relate to the general teaching method in any comparison with UTS and UNSW. Rather, when people say UTS is more "hands on", it is because UTS law allows you to replace some of your law electives with Practical Legal Training (PLT) courses in your law degree. Practical legal training courses are required in order to practice as a solicitor. Normally you have to undertake practical legal training at the College of Law after university (although most large firms allow you to do it while working for them and they pay for it, so some UTS students choose not to do PLT).

Of course, if you want to practice law and you have a choice of any law school, you should select USyd or UNSW. These are the most prestigious law schools in NSW. In fact putting prestige to one side, UNSW leads all Australian universities for the quality of learning and teaching in both business and law, according to the Federal Government's assessment of excellence in these areas :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)