yorkstanham

HSC
Anyone here doing this course?

What do you think of it?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

yehdatsrite

HSC
I'm interested in Petroleum Eng as well, the professor at UNSW made it sound like...excellent work conditions and superb pay. I'm sort of worried about the long term career prospect, what happens to this profession when we run out of oil and stuff...
And if the profession really offers such exciting opportunities, why is there only a handful, 10~20 undergrads, that does it each yr?
thx in advance =]

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Petroleum Engineering = SHOW ME THE MONEYY.....

or was that mining? :S

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
darkwolfzx said:
What happens when oil runs out?
Well, that job will become redundant. However, that is quite unlikely to happen in a short span of time. We are finding more oil reserves as the technology gets more advanced. For example, we are able to drill far more efficiently than in the past.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
yehdatsrite said:
I'm interested in Petroleum Eng as well, the professor at UNSW made it sound like...excellent work conditions and superb pay. I'm sort of worried about the long term career prospect, what happens to this profession when we run out of oil and stuff...
And if the profession really offers such exciting opportunities, why is there only a handful, 10~20 undergrads, that does it each yr?
thx in advance =]
Because its hard work. Being stuck in an off shore oil rig or in the deserts of Saudi Arabia isn't great. But its usually shift based and you get paid enough to have a nice break during your time off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)