Perspective influences meaning??? (1 Viewer)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
One of the critera on an assessment task for Module C: Antony and Cleopatra states:

"Perspective influences meaning"

Who's perspective??? The responders perspective, the perspective of the composer... I don't need a definition in terms of antony and cleo... I just want a generic starting point... Kinda bummed out about it... =\

Also I'm still a little confused about textual form... Antony and Cleopatra is a play yes, the textual form isn't a tragedy, that's the genre... what's the textual form???

monique66

nick1048 said:
One of the critera on an assessment task for Module C: Antony and Cleopatra states:

"Perspective influences meaning"

Who's perspective??? The responders perspective, the perspective of the composer... I don't need a definition in terms of antony and cleo... I just want a generic starting point... Kinda bummed out about it... =\

Also I'm still a little confused about textual form... Antony and Cleopatra is a play yes, the textual form isn't a tragedy, that's the genre... what's the textual form???
I'm doing this text too but i haven't begun to study it as yet. However judging from past experience 'perspective' can mean all types of perspective (ie author, audience, characters) All you need to do is make sure it connects up with powerplays somehow. Remember with this module the primary focus is powerplays not the texts.
And yes, the textual form is the play :rolleyes:

hikari

HSC
because you're trying to distinguish a relationship between representation and meaning.. it's the composer's perspective x) our teacher made us discuss shakespeare's perspective on powerplay so yeahh... good luck :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)