Personality question (1 Viewer)

inter108

HSC
lucidassembly said:
Haha ah, I love those stages. They provide such great memories to look back on and laugh at the ridiculous insanity of ourselves :p

I'm on my last exam too! Oct 30th = die of relief. It still hasn't sunk in lol... I'm not sure it ever will!
Yea i can't wait till finish, i will be in a state of e e e e ecstasy.

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad
heaps good question on Speer... the career progression of Speer as architect to minister, Nuremberg and post-war world so I basically noted his work, Inside the Third Reich and Spandau Diaries, the BBC interview in 1981... that's how I answered the winner question... I ended up writing 5 pages.. I'm definite that this is the answer rather than just a focus on Nuremberg and his work before:karate:

nayxx

HSC
I thought the question suited Nelson Mandela very well actually. Talked about how his time in prison reflected on the way he changed South Africa after he was released and apartheid was over, and how he could be considered a 'winner' after striving for reconciliation within South Africa to be achieved. Went on for like seven pages I think. But Only wrote three pages on part A. Is that okay you reckon?

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
i thought the question was weird. how is J Edgar Hoover about winners?

basically said that he was a hero to the Americans during the time, but in hindsight he wasnt what they thought. but because he achieved all that he wanted during this time- although through illegal endevours- to a certain extent he was a winner, as he shaped american society to reach the twentieth century and modernized the FBI.this was then basically stretched out into a booklet.

what posibly could i have written....
if evey one does the same then hopefully it gets scaled well.

laurennn91

HSC
can i just say that this question was PERFECT for Leni. so easy to sit on the fence and say she was a winner and a loser - hence the term "wonderful, horrible life" !!

and i never thought i would be actually able to write "Leni Riefenstahl was to an extent, a loser." in an exam. haha i nearly burst out laughing in the exam room.

briyani

HSC
This question was alright...we do Albert Speer..
i was talking about he had to be a 'winner' to get into Hitlers 'winners circle'
and what he did in his like made him a 'winner' in hitlers eyes so he stayed in this 'circle'...then when he escaped the death penalty he became a 'winner' in the publics eyes as he defide Hitlers scortched earth policy completing the argument by saying that his place in history would not have been as prominant if he was not infact a 'winner' ...

ejet

HSC
laurennn91 said:
can i just say that this question was PERFECT for Leni. so easy to sit on the fence and say she was a winner and a loser - hence the term "wonderful, horrible life" !!

and i never thought i would be actually able to write "Leni Riefenstahl was to an extent, a loser." in an exam. haha i nearly burst out laughing in the exam room.
if you sat on the fence you probably went shit

Shadem

HSC
i argued that history was not just about winners
as leni was successful in what she did but she was not necessarily a winner

i talked to my teachers afterwards
and one of them who is going to be marking question thought it was a shit question
lol

this one really threw me!

hobbsy-gal

HSC
lucidassembly said:
I'm insanely stupid though... my 10 mark section was actually a little longer than the 15! :(
Me too. The first question was a wider topic and the second one was more limiting

frailene

HSC
I like the question. I had Mikhail Gorbachev, he lost the lost the entire Soviet Union. Not a winner.

jennieTalia

HSC
laurennn91 said:

AGREED
I was like... wait... am I seriously ALLOWED to say she is a loser :S

I liked to argue that she was a loser... but that she rocked out history anyways :)

locky88

HSC
i said that history is not about winners, but rather about interpretations. Leni is an example of controversy and many different interpretations. i also said that 'winners or losers' is a naive approach to history and an oversimplification in regards to leni.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
it was ok
i wrote likeee 9 pages for the history winners part
i'm relying on my sexcellent response for this question to balance out the marks i fucked up in conflict in euro

Kobe!!!

HSC
Hirohito spent his whole childhood learning how to be a winner. But he lost the war so he wasn't. I said history isn't about a person being a winner or a loser, but about the events they went through or some crap. I struggled with this one the most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)