Personal Response (1 Viewer)

samuelclarke

HSC
Hi, Part of the module B requirement "Articulation of an informed personal response and understanding" and i was wondering how do we make our essays sound personal? As i am hesitant in using "I" in essays. thankyou

mirakon

nigga
HSC
It means come up with your own interpretation of the text and not simply regurgitate what your teacher told you.

cunliffe

HSC
N/A
The first person voice is required if they ask for 'your' opinion in the question. Not using it can keep you out of the top band.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The first person voice is required if they ask for 'your' opinion in the question. Not using it can keep you out of the top band.
No, it's not required. You can have your own voice and personal voice without switching to first person.

cunliffe

HSC
N/A
I marked it two years ago and they wanted first person and they put scripts out of the A range that did not use the 'I' because they wanted to make a point about this response being personal. Up until that experience I had also favoured a less clunky personal voice.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I marked it two years ago and they wanted first person and they put scripts out of the A range that did not use the 'I' because they wanted to make a point about this response being personal. Up until that experience I had also favoured a less clunky personal voice.
Always great to have marker inputs, thank you very much for taking the time to post that info =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)