performing an investigation on y telescopes should have a large diameter... (1 Viewer)

madhatter295

HSC
we got the first part of this assignment due on like wednesday ie just the write up of our design of an experiment to perform an investigation to demonstrate why it is desirable for telescopes to have a large diameter objective lens or mirror in terms of both sensitivity and resolution.

we are being provided with an slr camera. i dont really know wat the hell im doin. i got some idea of setting it up but our teacher has been away for a while so havent really had any guidance. if anyones done this experiment could u please help me out with how to set it up- it has to be done in the lab.

d_elmo

HSC
all my class did last year is go outside with a big magnifying glass, and a small mag glass, put them in the light and see what happens :p

d_elmo

HSC
all my class did last year is go outside with a big magnifying glass, and a small mag glass, put them in the light and see what happens :p

d_elmo

HSC

d_elmo

HSC

with an slr camera, depending on what type it is, set the camera on 'aperture priority' and then change the size of the aperture, which simulates a different diameter objective lens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)