Performance poetry (1 Viewer)

minstrel

HSC
Performance poetry songs

hey im doing perf poetry for the 2006 Hsc and am wondering:
is anyone doing (or has anyone done) perf poetry with songs that they have written?
is it acceptable to do so (to sing the poetry)?
thanks any info appreciated

sarahsarah

HSC
hey! i realise your post was from a while ago but i just joined this site. im doing perf poetry and would be glad to have a chat about it. how is urs going? whats ur concept?
sarah.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Don't forget, if you ever need any help, there's always jhakka, glitterfairy and a stack of past EE2 students ready and willing to help.

Imanuel Redding

HSC
Im doing performance poetry. I thought about signing the poem and doing it to music, but that's not what the BOS is really into. They probably think that, that's more of a music thing. Yeah, mine's going along well just gotta get it finished so i can start recording.:p

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Good luck with the recording. My friend did a speech and had to re-record it a few dozen times because random noises kept going off in the background. Find yourself a very very quiet place to record.

DraftCopy

HSC
Hey I,m doing performance poetry too, I'm not sure about singing but it would be great if it was acceptable I'll ask my teacher because I'd really like to be able to sing for the recording too. Ive gone with the concept of "a moment in time", how about you's? I signed up to go to a workshop in Sydney run by the secondary teachers association but Perf Poetry didnt run because only two other people applied! this is good news for us in a way because we have a lot less competition than EE2 students doing short stories. (any help or info would be great)

DraftCopy

HSC
Yeh the same deal in Newtown, glad i didnt go. i asked my teacher about singing and she said she didnt know, and suggested that i contact the board of studies. bummer, any way thought youd like to know.

Es.B

HSC
im doin performance poetry too and im doin a musical approach. think about it.. its "performance poetry". not just poetry read out aloud. its a performance so therefore must be entertaining and modern day performance poetry tends to be in song form depending on what genre of music you listen to. im takin a hip hop approach to it.

dreamer7

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm in year 11 and doing Ext 2 next year. I'm sort of deciding on my topic at the moment and was considering performance poetry, as it is unusual and very different to the short story medium which everyone seems to choose. I was thinking of doing:

• A short story/collection of short stories on one theme
  • A short story written in verse
  • Performance poetry.
Because it is such an unusual medium, is performance poetry harder to tackle than the short story?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)