Performance Nerves? Help! (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
help me! my teacher just informed me TODAY that i'm performing at assembly tomorrow. in front of 900+ people. [i've never done that before] she said it's good practice, lol...

i'm scared coz i always get really nervous before and during [and sometimes even after] i perform in front of people... i mean, when i'm by myself, or when i know people aren't really listening to what i'm doing, i'm absolutely fine...

but the piece i'm playing tomorrow has a tricky part in the middle, and i'm scared that i'm gonna stuff it up out of nervousness.

what do you guys do to help calm down and reduce nervousness? or better yet, to forget that people are watching?

i'm so screwed! O___o;;

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
i do lots of deep breathing.
and i make sure my hands are warm and can move quickly,
and i assure myself that it will all be over soon and that life goes on.

seems to work okay.

i think you just need to be confident that you know your piece well. if you've played it well in the past, you can play it well again. essentially, if you're a piano player like me, you're not even obliged to look at the audience; no interaction is necessary. they don't exist until your performance is over and done with. :)

good luck with it. assembly's scare me too, but when it gets down to it, it HAS to be done, so you just do it.

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
haha this is totally off topic but i just noticed your signature---

i HATE the door. HATE IT HATE IT.

tash

lalalala
HSC
i tend to just become determined not to stuff it up- i mean i do stuff up but at least if i'm trying to prove that i won't stuff it up and least i have that extra little bit of confidence in me. yeah just try to stay calm and ignore everything going on around you

guy

HSC
yeah the deep breathing works, but just, don't, trip over.
i so just planted some seeds

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
thanks guys :D
i did it! and it was... pretty good :) i stuffed up that tricky part but no one except my music teacher really noticed :p hehehe.... it was mainly coz my hands started tensing up O___o;;

my legs wouldn't stop shaking!!! aaarghh!!!

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
YAAAYYY YOU DID IT NOW YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)