Performance Exam Thing-a-ma-jig (1 Viewer)

angelic_samurai

How did everyone go with performance?? Or think you went?? What area's did you focus on? What instrument did you play? What songs did you perform?
I sing..........did 'Tomorrow' under popular music, 'How Come You Don't Call Me' and 'Falling' under instrument and it's repetoir and 'Live Without It' under small ensemble...............I think I went ok, but hey, what can you do??
So full of questions! I just would love to know what everybody else around the counrty did!!!

Spock

I play piano... for my Music 2 Core, I played "Seachange" by Phillip Wilcher (NOT related to the TV show!!), and for my Elective I chose Performance, featuring Debussy's "Voiles" for my Additional Topic (Music 1900-1945) and Bartok's "Ostinato", also reflecting 1900-1945 as my second piece.

Overall I think I did OK, but too many small fumbles meant that my marks will have gone down slightly.

As for Sight Singing, I'm fairly sure I will have managed full marks on that (it always helps when you don't see the examiners write anything down!!)... still, that's only worth 5 marks!

Cya!

Suieyman

:bomb:

i only did pervormance for core, n an esasy for elective, n i still managed to stuff up the one piece i had to play.

u'd think with only 3 mins playing time i would've been fine... oh the horrors of hsc....

:(
"bos, im gonna kill you until you die from it!"

CrazyCarl

i play piano n trombone, i did "study" by stephen heller for my core piece, did "just bach" on trombone for the topic of jazz, "Macarthur parK" on piano for instrument and its repotoire and i did a composition for music of the 20th century.

clauss

hey, it seems like the performance exam was ages ago by now, especially after all having to study for all this other crap! i did my 4 performance pieces on the electronic organ, which i've been playin for the past 9 years. i did axel f as my core (20th century music), spring in the field (20th century) by i can't remember who hehe, mozart's symphony no. 40 for classical and take five for jazz. thought i did alright, hopefully. a few fumbles as well but i guess the markers would expect it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)