Performance, anyone? (1 Viewer)

Leanne

HSC
well i wrote my script entirely by myself and there was nothing wrong with it!

'Frankly , writing you own piece seems like an injustice to the whole drama sylabus.'

- i just dont understand wat ur getting at.....writing ur own script is an option....and as long as ur willing to out in the work- theres no problem with it!

yeh i think that writing your own piece helps you not only in the HSC but even beyond that into your life.
it is a widely known fact that self-subjective writing is extremely therepudic and motivates you in all areas of you life.

dying4december

ok ok i agree with the fact that self-devised individual performances are an option and many ppl do it, personally id prefer the security of an already written piece, but moreover, WTF r u talking about "um name please" therapuedic??? i dunno bout the rest of NSW but i dont do my HSC to treat myself to some therapy! just do wat needs to be done and leave the hippie naturopathic crap out of it.

geez, we're trying to discuss a valid point and u come along with some lofty spacey crap about a nominally and SUPPOSEDLY "well known fact" about how writing a monologue for HSC will motivate u in every fact of life

pfffft wat a joke

fringey

HSC
While I think u r funny F/hardy I dont't think u r quite correct.

Originally posted by FrancisHardy
Personally , I Think that writing your own monolouge can be somewhat dangerouse and stupid at the same time, "
SOME1 has to write them, if every1 thought like u where would we be?!!

Originally posted by dying4december
WTF r u talking about "um name please" therapuedic???

Obviously u shouldn't have chosen drama than! That is the predoiminant reason that ppl should do drama because at the end of the day when u have handed in or performed your major work it should be self-satisfying and an achievement. It was definately a
therapuetic
experience for me and im sorry u missed out on that!

dying4december

Originally posted by fringey

Obviously u shouldn't have chosen drama than! That is the predoiminant reason that ppl should do drama because at the end of the day when u have handed in or performed your major work it should be self-satisfying and an achievement. It was definately a
therapuetic
experience for me and im sorry u missed out on that! [/B]

u dont choose drama for therapy, u choose it to extend ur abilities and to learn, just like every other subject, were here to do well, and if u can exploit your strengths bu choosing drama go ahead by all means, but if u wanna sit here and tell me that "the predominant reason ppl do drama is for self-satisfaction" then i think u should seriously reconsider ur perspective of reality.

we do what we have to unitl we have to leave, sorry to burst ur little bubble and remove the rose-coloured glasses, but im sure therapy is the last things on ppls minds when choosing drama as a subject

Leanne

HSC
i suppose to an extent drama is therapeutic.....if ur playing games in class or u have no assessments coming up!

also, if u manage ur time well u dont stress as much as those rushing to finalise everything b4 the due date...

dyngfordecember- how was ur performance for the markers?

hmmmmmm, i think you present a valid, un-intelligent, but still valid response Dying 4 december.
But it is a little too bias dont you think, i mean it is obvious that you hate school (hence the name!) but i hate to burst you precious little bubble, but drama is not over when you finish school, maybe it should be for you because you obvioulsy dont desevre to do drama, but for others drama will be a mojor influence in thier life, and here is a wake up call some ppl do enjoy drama, and yes it does relieve the mind, i can only answer from personal experience, so i think that yeh we need to get the job done, but it is possible to enjoy work and recieve satisfaction form work.
have a nice day ;)

fringey

HSC
Originally posted by um name please
hmmmmmm, i think you present a valid, un-intelligent, but still valid response Dying 4 december.
But it is a little too bias dont you think, i mean it is obvious that you hate school (hence the name!) but i hate to burst you precious little bubble, but drama is not over when you finish school, maybe it should be for you because you obvioulsy dont desevre to do drama, but for others drama will be a mojor influence in thier life, and here is a wake up call some ppl do enjoy drama, and yes it does relieve the mind, i can only answer from personal experience, so i think that yeh we need to get the job done, but it is possible to enjoy work and recieve satisfaction form work.
have a nice day ;)
Totally agree except the fact that I don't think he/she, okay "it" presents a valid point.

we do what we have to unitl we have to leave, sorry to burst ur little bubble and remove the rose-coloured glasses, but im sure therapy is the last things on ppls minds when choosing drama as a subject
I think that is really sad and I have learnt through doing the HSC that u r supposed to get certain things out of certain subjects. If u don't than that is quite sad for you because it takes a bit of maturity to understand and acknowledge this. Im not saying you are immature, I don't even know you, but if you only "extend ur abilities and to learn, just like every other subject" than I feel a loss for you because you obviously did not get out of drama the same thing that i did.

Actually u r probably one of those annoying fucks that decides to do drama 4 all the wrong reasons, how sad!!!!

dying4december

Originally posted by um name please
have a nice day ;)

who do u think u r...really

to tell me that i dont deserve to do drama.
doing drama is not a privilege, it is a right for anyone who chooses to undertake it.
and yes i do well in drama, and yes i do love drama.
i will agree that we get to muck around alot - its my favourite subject u pretentious idiot.

and for drama as a subject - sorry to break it to ya hun, but yes...it really DOES end after school - sorry bout that, but the only "therapy" u can receive after the HSC is from a psychiatrist, which after reading ur replies, u may well be in desperate need of

i got a lot out of drama this year, i had fun with my mates, extended my abilities as an actor, and i have learnt alot - but one thing i did not take away from it was therapudic treatment, sorry but i "obviously did not get out of drama the same thing that you did".

and to you fringey, ur a joke.

just jumping on the bandwagon trying to get ur 2 cents worth in, tell me fringey, if i "Probably chose drama for the wrong reasons" please enlighten me - what is the RIGHT reason to choose drama?

d1ngo

Enjoying a Moosey Fate...
HSC
Just performed both group and individual on friday....

I wrote a pice called "Charity" about a westie host who's scamming money from his audience, but his second act doesn't show (a ballet dancer) so he does the ballet himself... in boxers... and socks...

it was pretty embarrassing... and cold... but it got a laugh, which was the main idea...

The examiners asked me the wierdest question though... "What was the hardest part of creating your performance?" WTF am i supposed to say to THAT??? I think i spun some shit about how the hardest part was working out what to say while i was getting re-dressed... but i was just so relieved that i'd finished it that i can't remember most of it... :p

How'd everyone else go??

fringey

HSC
- what is the RIGHT reason to choose drama?
Well fucker I have already enlightened u:

therapuetic
experience for me and im sorry u missed out on that!
But again like I said b4:

Actually u r probably one of those annoying fucks ..
Gosh the repetition. Well of course I'm going to jump on the wagon, it is a 'forum' but I suppose i've already established the fact that u, fucker, can't read!!!!

FrancisHardy

Ohh Dear Lord ,

One Simple Comment & Your All Off Your Rockers.

I Think personally, that the DRAMA HSC course is one of the most demanding, because of the requirements, not only are the theory components quite hefty, but you are also given a practical component. Both the quite time consuming and coupled with other courses, the HSC for Performance based students can be somewhat stressful.

Originally when I made the comment that writing your own piece was dangerous ect.... I was confronted by the most stupid of questions..... Something like if everybody thought the way you did then where would be all be.... or somethin like that. I direct this to who ever made that reply.... There are some people in life called writers; they make money, that stuff you exchange for goods or services, by composing texts. Usually they are good at it. It doesnt take an actor to think up a monologue or even on the substantially basic of levels a story line. Leave it to the professionals Hun, coz chances are.... your IP sucked and the markers could tell.

Finally to the comments that Drama is therapeutic! .... Its a profession, simply a job. I dont know who made the comments that Drama ends when you leave school but to contradict that.... the HSC Drama course isnt intended to pathe the way so you can go to NIDA or just fill some teen beats shoes when he hits the big shots , lol , Drama is like any other course in the HSC. Fundamentally Drama is about the Dramatic Forms and Conventions, Era's and basically the History and Forms of "Drama", nowhere in the syllabus does it ask you to be the next sir Lawrence, but it does ask you to perform stylistically and true to the dramatic conventions accurate to the context of your chosen piece. Absolutely nowhere does the drama course ask for TALENT, although it doesnt help to have some, or luck, or for that matter brains. Basically what im saying is that the Drama HSC course shouldnt have thought you acting skills, you do that yourself through what you pick up via the theory, because what is there to say that the skills you learn from your teacher are right? There is nothing to say that. So please.... Dont think for a single second that because you find drama therapeutic that its your destiny to be the next Sir Lawrence, Charlie Chaplin or Gracie Fields, because your success in the drama HSC course should have nothing to do with that.

dying4december

finally...some sanity in this forum

the only guy i agree with out of all of u morons talking of therapy, of how drama continues for life, who made the stupid comments of "if noone writes, where would we be?"

fucknuts, get a clue and listen to me and this guy, because we're realists

as much as it may hurt, yes, we're the realistic ones and anyone who's upset by these comments, some little sadshit with 300 posts and is trying to assert their authority then ill leave it to u, the "bored of studies forum" is AAAAALL urs, u can type away until the cows come home, meanwhile ill be out living my life

cheers

fringey

HSC
Well you both should just go and fuck each other.
Fuckwits!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)