Performance, anyone? (1 Viewer)

Paisley

Banned
Just want to know who's doing performance... and if so, what script are you choosing?

My one was originally from the TV adaptation of Gormenghast, but I changed it to Neil Gaiman's "Cold Colours" about a week ago...

Paisley

Banned
Apparently not... man, this board's as dead as a doornail that was involved in an unfortunate accident involving sulphuric acid, twelve bowie knives and a small pure-bred monkey...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
just an ex-student from ur school who got frickin addicted to this thing during trials

seems like u have too. woops.

ruski_gal

im doing performance. but i made up my own script called lovable lucy. About an unloved rag doll who suddenly realises shes not loved anymore and cries!! Yeah! i actually cry. I thought that was pretty amazing.
But i cant remember my script. thats the only problem.

Paisley

Banned
Awww... Loveable Lucy... that's so schweet!

My one's about London, and what would happen if Microsoft (run, of course, by Satan) got their hands on it...

madam_pyro

HSC
N/A
hey guys

I wrote my own monologue, it's called "Midday With Moira"
its about this midday show host who is basically a huge bitch and so her crewmen screw her over during the show by doing stuff like making sure the guests dont turn up so Moira has to do the segments herself, they swap moisteriser with vegemite
stuff like that. I had the trials for it yesterday, the vegemite was really gross :p

fringey

HSC
that sounds classic!! Goodluck everyone hjope u rnt nervous. What day do u have to perform?

Jezebelle

I'm just doing 'Coming Home' by Dario Fo and Franca Rame. Not particularly original, but I put it off until really late and then had to find myself a monologue quick smart!

Leanne

HSC
i made up my own performance too... called 'behind the mask'...about a clown busker who seems all happy on the surface..but deep down shes depressed and was abused as a child which has affected her mentally.......

and its all done! yay!!!!!!!!

Pearlz

yah i wrote my own script, i'm so proud of it!!!
i got 27/30 in my trial so i'm so excited about the real thing!!!!!
mine is called "untitled" but not just cos i couldn't think of a title, its actually called that because of a line in my script towards the end where i talk about "becoming untitled"

cant wait till tuesday!!!

I made my own script, it is about the ever repeating characher through out history, talented but lacks motivation. I choose Sidney Carton from "tale of two Cities" who is the staple example of this person, and also, a characater named "myself", acctualy me, but hey the markers dont know that! and he is having a confrontation with a man named sir, who is everything tat he is not. . . oooooooooooo.
But yeh i am fully stoked that it is almost over, it finishes of friday for me.

Leanne

HSC
i got my results for my trials today! I got 26/30 for my ind. performance- and my teacher said i went heaps better for the actual hsc markers! so i'd looooove it if my marks went even higher!

how did everyone else go?

Paisley

Banned
Argh! Markers coming tomorrow, markers coming tomorrow... I'm so dead... considering last time I performed my script in front of an audience, I was four minutes overtime... *worry*

dying4december

omg man its all happening now ay, my performance is on friday and im doing a piece based on the character from dead poet's society, the guy whose dad wont let him act and canes him for being in a play.
not totally original, but man id love to get 26 outta 30 ay, im ful startin to get hyped to the max for this ay. good on ya leanne u killed it hehe wish me luck for mine on friday!!!

Paisley

Banned
Had my performances today - and it was mad!

But now I'm sad cos it's all over... :(

The markers were really nice as well, and we even got a Senior marker coming along...

Leanne

HSC
hey! good luck dying4december! u'll be gr8!

the markers make u feel so comfortable so it really is a blast and a thrill to perform in front of them! Enjoy and good luck!

FrancisHardy

writing your own monolouge

Personally , I Think that writing your own monolouge can be somewhat dangerouse and stupid at the same time, That is unless you are extreamly good at writing emmotive peices, characterised stylistically and formatically. Frankly , writing you own piece seems like an injustice to the whole drama sylabus.

Also ..... just because you you seem to get 27 or somethin in your trials , doesnt mean anything. Unless you have a Drama trained performer as a teacher , who has experience marking in all 5 bands , and has performed and worked in the industry for many years, then your trial marks mean squat. Think of all the contributing factors that lead you to that mark , excluding all the 'hard work' you put into your piece.... sounds like you teacher is nursing you along.

Finally, to the sole who claimed that they wrote their own rag doll monolouge ..... Original my ass , I have seen that monolouge done many times. dont take credit for something that you very badly appropriated.

Toodles

dying4december

heya take it easy big fella

i didnt write my own monologue but i do agree with u that it can be dangerous as its an untested and not necessarily effective piece.

but im stirred at ppl who boast about their trials, we all KNOW how subjective drama marking can be and one makeshift-just-outta-uni "marker" cant really tell u how ur going to do guys.
dont be happy if u got good trialmarks, but dont be upset if u got pooor trial marks, none of us will know for sure until the day we all get our results

so until then i reckon we should all just relax n cheer that the performance side of HSC drama is over!!

cheers! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)