People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (2 Viewers)

Egg_666

hey guys... one of the best ideas that helped me HEAPS...

have the radio on when you sleep... but not loud... very soft and playing classical music... it gives you a great relaxing sleep... and u wake up totally refreshed

Eeko

Banned
NEVA NEGLECT PLAYTIME!!!!!

i spent 5hrs/DAY on games everyday during the hsc

didn't get me into law but got me >90

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
5 hrs?? how did u manage that

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
:)

whatcha mean by in blocks?
well for eg. in maths, i would do 1 exercise per day - not do half an exercise (i.e splitting up the work into small pieces) per day...
i liked to do it like this- bcoz, once i started something(like an exercise), i have to finish it. :D

Seraph

HSC
N/A
seriously though i find myself taking so long to memorize things for the subjects i do that day and do my homework that i end up working from afternoon to night! i dont like it , i spend so much time

i mean sure sometimes its good because the stuff sticks to my head , but sometimes i have to quickly go over it the next day and it will stay in my head

but still ..... yea , i find myself rushing alot... doing little bits.. but i dont know what other way to do it at least this way i can in a sense be prepared for what we are doing in class and upcoming assessments

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
I heard from a math tutor that by studying part of an exercise then immediately a part of another one was v. effective - as opposed to doing lots of questions on one concept - do a third of each exercise then come back to it - this helps you integrate your knowledge and most important of all - you have a lower chance of forgetting:D

Seraph

HSC
N/A
btw do u guys do mind maps for ur notes???

seriously it sounds like a good idea and all but i'd be going for ages, i mean i would have to write them memorize them , Ungh!!!
i normally just type print or write print , for alot of my subjects ive been doing the ROTE method of learning especially IPT

Last edited:

jarding432

I'm in a league of my own
my careers advisor says that if i get the same marks this year as i did in yr 11 i can get a UAI of over 90, but it's only term 2 and i'm already getting really stressed out,

does neone have ne ideas for effective study without the stress?

i just can't get myself motivated!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
not get stressed out? who said they werent stressed out?! my current 2.5-3.5 hrs a night at the moment is already killing me!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by jarding432
yeah, they're all good ideas for study, but how did u guys not get stressed out studying for 6 hours a night with no social life?
seriously, breaks aren't going to kill you. take days off every now and then. And if you're doing that much study NOW, I do think by the time the hsc comes around, you'll have burnt out.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, i guess it depends on the person...stress makes me work better for some reason although i feel twice as bad while im doing the work...

speersy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Minai
I'm pretty much a dumbarse, so I started a week after trials (7th week of the 10 week term for us)
paid off though - got a UAI over 95
for most ppl, Trials should identify your weaknessess, and u should act quick to make sure u cover what u dont kno/are weak on.
By the time the holidays came, I was at the library up to 10 hours a day, cramming everything
this is stupid for all the people who study consistently all year and don't expect people to do this

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i plan to cram during stuvac like crazy...but u need consistent work throughout the year to back u up though..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)