People doing Sci (Adv)/Commerce (1 Viewer)

kcchippy

HSC
Anyone else doing sci (adv)/comm and finding it difficult to keep up with everything???

I feel like I live at uni and I'm doing TSP as well :S...going slightly crazy especially with midsemesters (econ1001 worth 40%) next week....

tennille

HSC
First semester of first year can be quite difficult. If it is really getting to you, I suggest you drop the TSP part and only do advanced subjects (and not too many, either). I tink Xiao is doing the same course as you.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Are you doing a TSP project, or are you just in the TSP? I'll assume the former. I believe it might be a bit too late to drop the project. Although I maintain anyone who should be in TSP should be able to handle the workload.

And there's nothing wrong with feeling like you're living at uni. I was like that last semester.

kcchippy

HSC
Hmm..I don't think just because you somehow qualified to get into TSP (which requires 99+ UAI or whatever) that you're automatically equipped with the skills to handle the workload of the degree. But the workload of the TSP project is fine. I think the main problem is just me not liking my icky adv chem and maths subjects! But then that's my choice! I was just posting to see if I, alas, was the only one! Guess so :S.

But thanks for your responses!!!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I never said those who qualify via some standard set by the faculty should be able to handled the work, rather, those who should be in the program. Nevertheless that is beyond the point.

Both maths and chem were OK. Mostly boring, but manageable. I'm sure there will be people in a similar position to you. For chem, if you're doing adv, it's mostly revision work with very few new material, so you can divert some resources for more demanding subjects.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lol tenille rmbered what i do!!! ^^

yeh i do sci (adv) / comm as well...
first yr was alryte with me ( i did acct first yr)

but later years, u realise taht u almost HAVE to overload if there are something (if u r unlucky, there maybe 2 things) you wish to do in sci...

and it gets harder if u are wanting to keep up a part time job or two (but that's true in general for all sci students)

1st yr is actually easiest to cope... cuz u are doing all 1st yr stuff... all whoofy moopy...

kcchippy

HSC
I second that >.<, lol if it's THAT easy for you guys it sounds like I definately shouldn't be doing the course :S. Oh well, Vampire, I'm doing chem1901, biol1101 - eco to genes, math1101, math1002, econ1001 and TSP.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
kcchippy said:
I second that >.<, lol if it's THAT easy for you guys it sounds like I definately shouldn't be doing the course :S. Oh well, Vampire, I'm doing chem1901, biol1101 - eco to genes, math1101, math1002, econ1001 and TSP.
That workload is near trivial. If you can't handle that I wouldn't reccomend keeping in with the TSP projects next year or in later years. You're only doing 28cp, and moreover only "10" of those are advanced.

The only problem I can see in that combination is the biology. Alot of memorising, but since it's only semester, you wouldn't have started that yet. Would you?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
TIf you can't handle that I wouldn't reccomend keeping in with the TSP projects next year or in later years.
Have to agree with that. 28cp is nothing really.

Biology is just a lot of rote learning, compounded by the fact that it generally gets crap marks.

Libbster

HSC
kcchippy said:
start complaining when you do all advanced subjects :( :bomb:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Or, alternatively, just stop complaining and do some work. Noone should fuck anything up if they work consistently, it's when you cram towards the end that you get stuffed up.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
withoutaface said:
it's when you cram towards the end that you get stuffed up.
But that works relatively well.

And you know it.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hmm i tried 30cp with 24 adv... and i killed me at the end...

Last edited:
A

adamsaclown

xiao1985 said:
but later years, u realise taht u almost HAVE to overload if there are something (if u r unlucky, there maybe 2 things) you wish to do in sci...

why do you say that?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
adamsaclown said:
why do you say that?
in my 2nd yr, i did 2 maths 2 chem and 1 comm sub... i do the extra maths and chem cuz i like them, and the econ i did cuz of course require ment... this = overload to 30 cp

and in 3rd yr, if u choose to do 2 majors (48 cp in totall) u'd need also to do comm subs as requirement per sem... which brings total to 60 cp, which again counts 2 sem of overloading...

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I'm wondering whether I should do a 33cp semester again, this time with 27cp of adv/ssp units...

A

adamsaclown

xiao1985 said:
in my 2nd yr, i did 2 maths 2 chem and 1 comm sub... i do the extra maths and chem cuz i like them, and the econ i did cuz of course require ment... this = overload to 30 cp

and in 3rd yr, if u choose to do 2 majors (48 cp in totall) u'd need also to do comm subs as requirement per sem... which brings total to 60 cp, which again counts 2 sem of overloading...

or alternatively, you could just spread your science subjects across your degree more, couldn't you? as in, finish off your science degree in 4th yr instead of 3rd? I'm sure it would get messy, but I'm also pretty sure you can get two majors without having to overload...

also, considering the 240cp limit, since if you've overloaded in 3 semesters, does that mean in 3 other semesters you'll have to go below 24cp (so you don't go over the limit), or do you just finish your degree early?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)