Pens stop writing very quickly (1 Viewer)

snail489

HSC
Anyone else have this problem? And I mean VERY quickly - my pens stop working after like 3-4 pages, sometimes less. I've tried all different sorts of pens too (well, except fountain pens since those are expensive). Used all different brands and models of pens - Papermate Kilometrico, Papermate Inkjoy, BIC Round stick (these are the only ones that don't instantly die - they tend to write for at least a week), the Uni-Ball Jetstream SX-217 I ordered yesterday already stopped writing. God I hope all my pens don't instantly die during the English papers. Anyone able to help?

edit: I should clarify: the issue is not that the ink runs out, because whenever I open ANY of these pens I find a cartridge full of ink. Regardless, the pen stops writing even with all of the ink remaining.

Last edited:

photastic

HSC
2 Inkjoys lasted me for the entire HSC exam period and I write really hard. How hard do you write?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Anyone else have this problem? And I mean VERY quickly - my pens stop working after like 3-4 pages, sometimes less. I've tried all different sorts of pens too (well, except fountain pens since those are expensive). Used all different brands and models of pens - Papermate Kilometrico, Papermate Inkjoy, BIC Round stick (these are the only ones that don't instantly die - they tend to write for at least a week), the Uni-Ball Jetstream SX-217 I ordered yesterday already stopped writing. God I hope all my pens don't instantly die during the English papers. Anyone able to help?
Buy a LOT of pens to use during HSC period. Inkjoys are nice for writing with but they do run out fast, so need to have a supply of at least 20 of them I'd say, to be safe.

snail489

HSC
2 Inkjoys lasted me for the entire HSC exam period and I write really hard. How hard do you write?
I press down somewhat hard when I write, but even when I hold the pen lightly and write they still tend to stop writing.

Buy a LOT of pens to use during HSC period. Inkjoys are nice for writing with but they do run out fast, so need to have a supply of at least 20 of them I'd say, to be safe.
Should've clarified - the issue is NOT that the ink runs out. Every single one of these pens that stop writing - when I open them up I find a cartridge full of ink.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad

edit: I should clarify: the issue is not that the ink runs out, because whenever I open ANY of these pens I find a cartridge full of ink. Regardless, the pen stops writing even with all of the ink remaining.
Get a clear plastic zip lock bag with a stack of different pens, if I dies you have plenty.

photastic

HSC
I press down somewhat hard when I write, but even when I hold the pen lightly and write they still tend to stop writing.

Should've clarified - the issue is NOT that the ink runs out. Every single one of these pens that stop writing - when I open them up I find a cartridge full of ink.
Tried testing them again, like scribbling left and right rigorously?

snail489

HSC
Get a clear plastic zip lock bag with a stack of different pens, if I dies you have plenty.
Yeah, that's what I had to do for my trials. I got so sick of the pens running out that I just brought with me an unused pack of 20 pens.

Tried testing them again, like scribbling left and right rigorously?
Yep. They write for like one sentence, then it rapidly fades out and stops writing. All of them behave like this. Maybe it's something to do with the way I write? I tend to hold my pen at a 45-degree angle to the page which I don't think is the usual way people write.

photastic

HSC
Yeah, that's what I had to do for my trials. I got so sick of the pens running out that I just brought with me an unused pack of 20 pens.

Yep. They write for like one sentence, then it rapidly fades out and stops writing. All of them behave like this. Maybe it's something to do with the way I write? I tend to hold my pen at a 45-degree angle to the page which I don't think is the usual way people write.
Because I remembered I had the same issue with Inkjoy but the Ink always clogged somewhere so the ink never passed through so I just cleaned where it was clogged and 45-degree angle isn't usual.

astroman

HSC
If your pen died, hold the nip in the flame of a lighter for about 2 secs, it should be like new.

snail489

HSC
If your pen died, hold the nip in the flame of a lighter for about 2 secs, it should be like new.
Tried that before, just tried it again. The pen writes for like a minute again, then it stops writing.

snail489

HSC

Chris_S

HSC
Got a new pack of 10 pens for the exams I am now set!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I find pens run out fairly quickly for me, despite containing enough ink!

Chris_S

HSC
Papermate Kilometrico ELITE! lol. They write mighty smooth, are super light and cheap!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)