Pen spinning? (1 Viewer)

HSC
"Pen spinning is a form of object manipulation that involves the deft manipulation of a writing instrument with one's hands. Although it is often considered a form of self-entertainment (usually in a school/office setting), multinational competitions and meetings are sometimes held.[1] It is a form of contact juggling. It can also be classified as a sport."

Recently, I saw this guy spinning his pen like crazy in the state library which led me to look up "pen spinning" on google. After that, I went on youtube and saw a few penspinning clips which I thought were really cool. What are your thoughts on this strange/unique art?

This is a video of people pen spinning. I was amazed. O.O

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
They make it look so easy! I got my pen out and dropped it whilst making an attempt to spin it. I noticed there's pen spinning tutorials on youtube...

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I spin my pen sometimes, when I'm bored at uni and have nothing better to do.

Something I picked up in year 8.

HSC
They make it look so easy! I got my pen out and dropped it whilst making an attempt to spin it. I noticed there's pen spinning tutorials on youtube...
I started learning today!! I agree - it's so hard............ T-T I tried to do that thumbaround trick but it keeps falling out of my hand. :(

TheCardician

HSC
hahaha pen spinning is so fun! I've been doing the basic thumb around spin for years, so much that its become second nature to me. And people are quite impressed by it.

There's also card manipulation, but it require much more finger dexterity and flexibility.

HSC
hahaha pen spinning is so fun! I've been doing the basic thumb around spin for years, so much that its become second nature to me. And people are quite impressed by it.

There's also card manipulation, but it require much more finger dexterity and flexibility.
Actually, I found card manipulation pretty easy. Compared to pen spinning, that is. But it might just be me lol

TheCardician

HSC
HSC
ohh buddy I'll get you a video haha
He's out at the moment, when he comes back I'll tell him to put one on youtube
lol Is he done yet? trollface.jpg

Awesome! I suppose you've heard about Dan and Dave Buck?

I could do a bit of Pandora, but stopped practicing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6kXuV__FTM

I could only do phase 1 of Jackson 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km3BthBK0s8&feature=related
Yep I know Dan and Dave Buck.. I can do pandora but it's kinda slow lol I can't do any of that shown in the 2nd video though. D:

delian

HSC
N/A
Pen spinning is quite fun, but it took a while for me to learn even the basic 'spins'.

Researcher88

HSC
Yeah pen spinning is perfect for annoying the person beside you while doing your exams.

trollface.jpg

Last edited:
HSC
BUMP Sorry couldn't resist. I just wanted to let you people know that I have finally mastered the thumbaround trick. :D hehe so happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)