PDHPE Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Leadmen4y

HSC
you guys count words? our teacher usually tells us to write 3-4 pages for 12 markers, and around 1.5-2 pages for 8 markers in options
oh no not really, it was online trials so I was going ham on my keyboard lol probs realistically write 5 pages for 12 marker and 2-3 for 8 markers

Leadmen4y

HSC
hoping i get carried by internals somehow clutched a 1st in a pretty sweaty cohort but I barely studied coz of maths and I actually hate this subject

nini.nico

HSC
oh no not really, it was online trials so I was going ham on my keyboard lol probs realistically write 5 pages for 12 marker and 2-3 for 8 markers
pdhpe exams online is hell. we didn't have trials at our school, but we wrote a lot of responses under exam like conditions and my eyes were failing me

Leadmen4y

HSC
yea pdh is just a lot of writing like you can't even catch a break with 3 markers because the content asked has a lot and you don't even know where to start
but I feel like hsc marks more leniently compared to school teachers, my pe teachers are tough markers man. I'm planning to just write to fill up the writing space tbh, and go all out for options

nini.nico

HSC
but I feel like hsc marks more leniently compared to school teachers, my pe teachers are tough markers man. I'm planning to just write to fill up the writing space tbh, and go all out for options
yea i think so too
i mean as long as you have examples that connect well to your answer it's gonna be fine

Leadmen4y

HSC
pdhpe exams online is hell. we didn't have trials at our school, but we wrote a lot of responses under exam like conditions and my eyes were failing me
our school made every trial 90 mins instead of 3 hours and out of 50 which made it better ig, I actually preferred it coz I write really slow + I have bad hand endurance

nini.nico

HSC
our school made every trial 90 mins instead of 3 hours and out of 50 which made it better ig, I actually preferred it coz I write really slow + I have bad hand endurance
oh that's pretty good
i hate the fact that exams are 3 hours, like in terms of sitting there it's not bad, but when you have a lot to write lifting your hand for stretch makes it difficult to get back to writing

Leadmen4y

HSC
oh that's pretty good
i hate the fact that exams are 3 hours, like in terms of sitting there it's not bad, but when you have a lot to write lifting your hand for stretch makes it difficult to get back to writing
yeah especially the wordy subjects like english and pe. feel like maybe bio would be similar but its a science so I think I'll cope fine in terms of the writing load.

icycledough

HSC
I think most teachers (if not all) definitely mark more harshly for internals than how HSC marks mark the HSC exams, for 2 main reasons.

1) By teachers marking harshly, it prepares students to be conscientious of the small details, which can differentiate a low Band 6 student from a high Band 6 student (sig.figs, rounding, diagrams, technical language, etc)

2) Internals are supposed to differentiate students within a cohort, so it may seem like they are trying to take marks away rather than give you marks, but a strong internal rank, although may be backed up by a poor raw mark, will be very beneficial for moderation, especially if the cohort can perform very well in external exams.

Leadmen4y

HSC
I think most teachers (if not all) definitely mark more harshly for internals than how HSC marks mark the HSC exams, for 2 main reasons.

1) By teachers marking harshly, it prepares students to be conscientious of the small details, which can differentiate a low Band 6 student from a high Band 6 student (sig.figs, rounding, diagrams, technical language, etc)

2) Internals are supposed to differentiate students within a cohort, so it may seem like they are trying to take marks away rather than give you marks, but a strong internal rank, although may be backed up by a poor raw mark, will be very beneficial for moderation, especially if the cohort can perform very well in external exams.
btw what would I expect from a 14/126 for adv maths in a school that get 30-40 b6s every year?

icycledough

HSC
btw what would I expect from a 14/126 for adv maths in a school that get 30-40 b6s every year?
Depends on your performance in yesterday's exam, which obviously contributes 50% of your final mark, but that looks like a strong Band 6 from face value (maybe a 94-95).

nini.nico

HSC
yeah especially the wordy subjects like english and pe. feel like maybe bio would be similar but its a science so I think I'll cope fine in terms of the writing load.
bio wont be that bad in terms of writing but my god the detail needed makes me cry
i still remember the question i got 0/2 because i didn't put heterozygous in the definition despite everything else being correct
not sure if it's marked that harshly in the hsc but my bio teacher is rough

Leadmen4y

HSC
bio wont be that bad in terms of writing but my god the detail needed makes me cry
i still remember the question i got 0/2 because i didn't put heterozygous in the definition despite everything else being correct
not sure if it's marked that harshly in the hsc but my bio teacher is rough
they're a bit ambiguous in terms of providing the definitions, I think only the key words in the questions need to be explained. the harder questions are more concept based anyways rather than recalling intricate details so you'd be fine if u know the gist of what they're asking + applying them

nini.nico

HSC
they're a bit ambiguous in terms of providing the definitions, I think only the key words in the questions need to be explained. the harder questions are more concept based anyways rather than recalling intricate details so you'd be fine if u know the gist of what they're asking + applying them
i hope so bc in terms of bio my memory isn't that good, but i usually explain what im talking about pretty well in relation to the question

icycledough

HSC
A bit late but best of luck to all PDHPE students ... let's get one more exam out of the way 👍

Leadmen4y

HSC
How did everyone go? Tf was the mcqs they were harder than shortanswers n options imo lmao

nini.nico

HSC
idk abt u guys but the option questions i got were AMAZING
i’m so happy they didn’t put anything abt developmental aspects or skills in attaining better health bc i did not memorise the syllabus for that
improving performance questions were also pretty good, rlly happy they didn’t put anything abt periodisation or else i would have lost my shit
multiple choice kinda fucked me over as well as short answer, wasnt expecting a question abt cvd 😭

Leadmen4y

HSC
idk abt u guys but the option questions i got were AMAZING
i’m so happy they didn’t put anything abt developmental aspects or skills in attaining better health bc i did not memorise the syllabus for that
improving performance questions were also pretty good, rlly happy they didn’t put anything abt periodisation or else i would have lost my shit
multiple choice kinda fucked me over as well as short answer, wasnt expecting a question abt cvd 😭
yeah my options were good too, well idk I knew all the syllabus dot points at least XD wrote to the max without extra booklets for both which is a good sign ig

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)