PDH OR FOOD TECHNOLOGY? Which scales better/ is easier? (1 Viewer)

emma5795

HSC
I'm currently in year 10 and have to pick subjects for Year 11 and 12 on Monday! I'm stressing out on what subjects to pick but am currently town between the 2 - Food Tech or PDHPE? I'm good at both and enjoy both!
Which one scales better? Which one is easier/harder?Etc and any of your own opinons.
How did you find it and what was your atar with one of both of those subjects?

michaeljennings

HSC
Do pdhpe its very straight forward and pretty much common sense. Idk about food technology

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
PDHPE scales better...
As a fellow year 10 student, I recommend you do PDHPE!
And in conjunction with PDHPE, you should do biology as they correlate with each other... (To reduce workload)

tambam

HSC
If you cared about scaling, you wouldn't do either of them

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you base your subject selection solely on scaling - you're stupid.

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing both :D
In the end you should do subjects that you enjoy. You're more likely to study and listen in class if you have some intrest resulting in better marks making you want to do better. Hate the subject and you will do anything to get out of it, not study and not put any effort into it whatsoever resulting in a bad mark, that bad mark will make you hate it more...

Don't worry about scaling either, it changes all the time and even if the scaling is good, do absolutely crap and theres no point of even sitting the exam anyway :/

dean94

HSC
I do both as well. They're both equally as interesting as each other to me, but I'm doing a hell of a lot better in Food Tech because there are less to compete with than PDHPE. In saying that, it's most likely you will attain a 90+ with Food Tech like myself with moderate study paying close attention to the syllabus. PDHPE requires A LOT of study (which is why I'm only sitting on an assessment average of 85) as the syllabus is enormous - will probably be shortened for you next year.
Most of the time, PDHPE gets scaled down if you get below 85... Where as Food Tech never really gets scaled down because it's quite difficult to do horribly :p I'm expecting a state rank for Food Tech myself, and somewhere between 98-100 for the actual HSC exam (due to the huge study gap between my last two exams). The assignments for Food Tech are relatively easy as they focus solely on each topic, so just make sure you look at your syllabus to sufficiently address the marking critera. PDHPE varies in assessment, and I did poorly in one which completely fucked up my rank because I didn't read one word ==" Oh well.

Up to you, but if you can't do both I would suggest Food Tech most definitely. It also depends if you get a good teacher (mine was the head of Food Tech for 10 years and a senior HSC marker) Will definitely keep in contact after HSC ends ;) So I was lucky there and motivated to do well.
Whatever your decision, Good Luck! consistent study is better than short, huge amounts (I learnt that a little too late)

E

Effekt

I say PDHPE, the content is easy to remember the only hard thing is you need to know your syllabus. All the exam questions are 20 MC and just short to long essays which you need to know your syllabus to answer. So i guess no it's not a real easy subject but i don't know anything about food tech.

dean94

HSC
I say PDHPE ... but i don't know anything about food tech.
How on earth can people give advice about the thread then if you're only putting forward a bias opinion? Only people who are familiar with both subjects can really give appropriate information... But yeah, the syllabus IS huge for pdh, and MC is not easy :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)