Payroll Tax (1 Viewer)

Does anyone actually want to retain Payroll Tax?

• Total voters

Lentern

HSC
Does anyone in this world actually think it's a good concept? People on this place will know I'm a big proponent of a tax and spend economy but even I can see that this is the most mind numbingly stupid form of raising revenue ever. Deterring the fortunate from providing the disenfranchised with employment, it serves to perpetuate socio-economic problems. What is the perceived advantage of it as a revenue raiser, over an income tax, land tax GST, carbon tax or speed camera. Is there a single person who would object to it's abolition, either immediate or incremental?

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Most idiotic anti-employment tax bar none. It was proposed by unions, I believe.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
mirror tax tax

tax tax and the people who receive tax (gubmint) have to pay it back to us

then we get taxed for receiving that money and it just goes back and forward in an infinite loop

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
yeah that sounds like a pretty apt description of how taxes and the government work

Lentern

HSC
Most idiotic anti-employment tax bar none. It was proposed by unions, I believe.
Why would the unions see any benefit in it? I realise some see unions as destroyers of employment but typically that is in the pursuit of unrealistic terms of employment. This is just, as you say, anti-employment.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
if unions cared about their members and wanted to see them employed, there wouldn't be any unions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)