Paying for first date???? (1 Viewer)

Dolfingerpie

HSC
Its generally expected that if you take a girl out for a date then you pay for all the expenses, at least more than her.
I'm going on a date with a girl who I secretly have a crush with and I am more than willing to pay for all the foods and others. I think she thinks of it as a friendship dinner thing, but I call it a date so its a date.
But if I do that, will it be obvious that I'm trying to hit on her? Because normally when girls go out for dinner they split it. I really don't want her to know about my true feelings because I'm just reeeallly scared :(
Should I pay? Or not?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I think protocol should be whoever asks the other out on the date should pay.

Or if you're going out for drinks, alternate buying rounds.

You really should get your act together and make sure she understands you have defined it as a 'date' though.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
What if the girl wants to shout? Which is my current situation for dinner this coming weekend.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
What if the girl wants to shout? Which is my current situation for dinner this coming weekend.
By all means. It's always nice to pay for the date, chivalrous and all but if a girl wants to pay for the meal or the day, it makes it kind of a role reversal thing. By which that is never a bad thing haha i always feel really appreciative and loved after a girl pays for some reason.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
You can be a gentleman and pay.

Tbh though you can shout friends anyway, so it's not really obvious.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Probably offer to pay as well so she doesn't think you're like cheap lol.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd offer to pay but whoever asks the person out on the date probably should pay...

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
But the thing is, on your profile, it says that you are a female yourself

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
unless she physically pulls out her wallet

you pay

But the thing is, on your profile, it says that you are a female yourself
I thought that was the dilemma: "with first d8s girls don't usually pay... so if two girls go on a date... who pays?!"

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought that was the dilemma: "with first d8s girls don't usually pay... so if two girls go on a date... who pays?!"

Whoever asks the person out on the date should pay.

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Well so they don't have to pay for anything, all they have to do is just sit down and don't eat or drink at all. Thus the total bill be $0.00 and elapsed time in the restaurant or wherever they go will be where is an unknown time variable.
Maybe thats why they are so nervous?
refer to shadowdude's post.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
As in like at a restaurant, you order a glass of water or something and it's usually free

kinda like maccas

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Depends what your stance on it is - Some girls will pull out their wallet but still very much don't mind you paying for it - if anything it could be seen in good light by her that you'll take care of her in the future etc.. or they could just be wanting free dinners - either way once your in a relationship you set up your own methods based on income,saving goals etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)