Paying Fines Late (1 Viewer)

Janine

HSC
N/A
I got a fine for not displaying my P plates correctly ($175 and 2 points) in November. I forgot about it, went on holidays for a month, and wasn't home when i got sent a reminder notice, which I wasn't home to honour by the due date.

Three weeks later, I recieve a letter from the RTA, saying I owe them $206, and if it isn't paid by the 22nd Feb, my licence and rego will be suspended. Is this in relation to my original offence? The letter didn't supply details, and it seems like they have added on an additional $31 late fee. I was just wondering from others who may have had similar experiences to me.

Thanks in advance.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
A cop could pull me over for not displaying P plates correctly if they wanted to.

Mine is one of those ones you stick inside the back window, which is hard enough to see already, but since I drive a ute with an alloy tray it's halfway up the car and behind a metal screen.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I got a fine for "driving without due care and attention" (read: negligent driving) in Brisbane. On the Advice of Conviction I recieved from the court it said that the penalty for not paying on time was 3 days imprisonment. Thankfully they gave me 3 months to pay it :/

On another note, technically I should have lost 3 points for this offence, but several months on and they're still not listed on myrta.com. Is there something about not being able to lose points interstate?

Janine

HSC
N/A
The cops in our town are vultures. They will pick you up for anything and everything. i got pulled up for a RBT, and when I handed them my licence, they noticed I was a P Plater, went to check the plates, but both were "obstructed" so I got a fine for driving without P Plates.

So does anyone know the process (or has been in a similar situation before). I thought unpaid fines were handed from the IPB to the State debt recovery, yet I got a letter from the RTA? So I'm confused!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)