Path towards a 99+ ATAR after a disappointing Year 11 despite hard work (1 Viewer)

tvskAXatar

HSC
Hi all, after finishing Year 10 on a high in 2022, I fucked up Year 11 in 2023, with disappointing examination results largely contributing to my final grades

My grades for Year 11 2023 were:

English Advanced - B (note that I missed out on A by one mark - I was sitting very high on my internal marks but the exam fucked it up so badly that it impacted my A-grade stronghold on this subject)

Maths Advanced - C

Biology - B

Chemistry - C (this was the subject I put the most effort in and yet still a disappointing result)

Geography - A

Economics - B

I tend to be a person who wears their socks out with maximum effort throughout the academic year and in Year 9/10 this yielded good results but led to a complete flop in Year 11.

I would really appreciate specific “work smarter, not harder” techniques for each subject listed above given my Year 11 result for each of those that would contribute less towards burnout and more towards that 99 ATAR I am desperately chasing in order to get into medicine.

moonsuyoung

eng hater 101
HSC
My biggest advice is to not give up and keep trying, you've got this. 🤩 🤩 I was wondering how do you study for each subject!! Do you know why you have gotten those results for each subject, like for example in economics was it the short answers that dragged your marks down and if so, was it because of your structure, lack of evidence/stats, etc?

and also examine what your classmates or friends do that score higher than you in those exams. Like for math advanced, do they keep a mistake book and frequently revise it etc....😲😲

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
You could potentially drop down to 10 units? This might help alleviate the stress and workload a bit. From what I know, you don't really need maths for med?

For english, I recommend having someone such as a classmate or your teacher, regularly look over your work. Sometimes we don't spot things when it's just ourselves editing.

mandemindiguise

HSC
Hi all, after finishing Year 10 on a high in 2022, I fucked up Year 11 in 2023, with disappointing examination results largely contributing to my final grades

My grades for Year 11 2023 were:

English Advanced - B (note that I missed out on A by one mark - I was sitting very high on my internal marks but the exam fucked it up so badly that it impacted my A-grade stronghold on this subject)

Maths Advanced - C

Biology - B

Chemistry - C (this was the subject I put the most effort in and yet still a disappointing result)

Geography - A

Economics - B

I tend to be a person who wears their socks out with maximum effort throughout the academic year and in Year 9/10 this yielded good results but led to a complete flop in Year 11.

I would really appreciate specific “work smarter, not harder” techniques for each subject listed above given my Year 11 result for each of those that would contribute less towards burnout and more towards that 99 ATAR I am desperately chasing in order to get into medicine.
hey dude i really feel you - i had the same outcomes
all c's and d's
what i can say is, you can totally make a comeback!
i got a D in math so i had to revise my prelim work since im lackin in foundations but it really helps in year12
what i can say is look back at where you lack in each subject e.g. in chem if your lackin in stochiometry;you can brush up on that in the holidays with prac questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)