Past Papers Vs Note Making/reading (1 Viewer)

[WILL_wang]

I TEND TO NOT TOUCH ANY PAST PAPERS TILL LIEK 1 WEEK B4 EXAMS...

IM ALWYAS REMAKIN MY NOTES...
IS THAT A GOOD IDEA??

scandal

HSC
I am doing half half but i agree there is no point doing past papers especially for fact based subjects like science without studying notes first.......

xGSiR

Well just do half half each. You would want to make sure you would know what to expect in the HSC, and the style of questions that are asked. Its the experience of doing them that will help you in the end.

haz_it_all

i honestly reakon the best way of studyin is doin past papers.....put urself in exam situations (ie DONT look at answers)...then mark ur work....anythin u get wrong go bak to ur notes and revise them, then do the q's u got wrong again

haz_it_all

probly like 10ish for each subject.....that means 10 for 2umaths and 10 for 3u maths.......but 4 science subjects u wuld only do like last 3-4years hsc and do 2003 trials cuz the syllabus is ALWAYS changing

nerdd

Originally posted by [WILL_wang]
so....what abts maths then?
past papers all the way.

maths theory should stick in your head... but if not, then yeah, you'll probably have to study the theory.

but other than that, past hscs and trials.

(plus it's refreshing doing a maths past paper after learning boring info crap)

nerdd

Originally posted by haz_it_all
i honestly reakon the best way of studyin is doin past papers.....put urself in exam situations (ie DONT look at answers)...then mark ur work....anythin u get wrong go bak to ur notes and revise them, then do the q's u got wrong again
I don't think that would work as well as studying everything first, and then doing questions because imagine all the past papers you'd have to go through to make sure you've covered everything in the syllabus! - quite a lot!
That should be part of the final preparation, picking up little extra things that you happened to let seep out of your brain during study time..

Naji

past papers dont work well for all subjects i think... they tend not to ask u the same questions... so whats the point?

haz_it_all

i guess its jus different for different ppl....but certainly for maths its past papers, i think every1 agrees wit dat :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)