Past papers and writing essays! (1 Viewer)

usernaming

HSC
Hey all,
So, teachers have been giving past HSC essay questions to me as we've been completing topics at school since Term 4.
I feel like I haven't really had a chance to do any yet.
Is this really bad? How often do you all do practice papers? Also, how do you get faster at writing essays..?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey all,
So, teachers have been giving past HSC essay questions to me as we've been completing topics at school since Term 4.
I feel like I haven't really had a chance to do any yet.
Is this really bad? How often do you all do practice papers? Also, how do you get faster at writing essays..?
Do more practice papers, and you will be more familiar with producing essays. Try do one paper a week or fortnight and get them marked by your english teacher.

O

Omed62

Do as much as papers as possible,

I have done more than 50 papers already for maths 4u and English Advanced.

I mean it is not too late for you to start, do not waste your time on books and guying books because the smart idea is to do questions from past papers.

Guess what all the questions they make comes from past papers, ther is a limit amount of questions they can produce, isn't it? Think about this abit.

For English Advanced, you don't even have to read your texts because simply answer is your wasting your time, look at past essays and change it to your own essay and use this to practice as much as questions with it. Your will deff get a band 6! why not, if your smart enough!

This is what smart kids basically do! HSC is not how much time you waste working hard, it is about finding the simple solution and moving on to getting a band 6.

This is the actually motivation level that you should be at smashing the exam paper on the day!

Good luck to everyone!

O

Omed62

I can write an essay in 20 mintues seriously, you should start looking at essay questions now, never believe it is too late becasue too late is the excuse of those people who think they can't compete because their level of knowledge is below average.

Download past English papers now, start writing 10 essays a day, if you do this, then You must should get a def band 6, because no one can do this amount of work. The more questions you see, by the time the exam arrives, you have mastered the key elements and have seen enough questions to smash the exam.

aekryan

HSC
If i were you i wouldn't start with the HSC questions yet. It is too time consuming at this stage and really, it doesn't help as much as people think it does.
If you prepare essays at this stage you constrict yourself to a certain amount of points of discussion as people tend to get lazy and try and adapt the same three/ 4 topic sentences to anything. Prepare 6-7 topic sentences and commit them to memory and understand them, you will more versatile in the exams that way.

This only works if you are already a fairly fast writer and you have no issues with time, it ensures that your response will be adapted and allows you to know all your content perfectly allowing you to skim through HSC, internal and CSSA essays without pause leading up to the trial and HSC. That way it is fresh in your mind and you have practiced essays in what may appear to be a mad rush but you already know your content + 3 times more just in case. (HSC English advanced questions are always generic anyway).

In terms of HSIE essays i would say the same thing but forr maths and science do all HSC questions and leave CSSA and interal and they will be time consuming and a knowledge of the notes + HSC questions should be fine to get a top rank in a school +50 (leave the rest for before trials or if you like skim through them and do the ones that look a bit odd. But definitely go HSC for science and math, but not necessarily for HSIE, i didn't do them for HSIE and English and my ranks are good, and i didn't for science and math and they're rubbish.

Makematics

HSC
lolwut i know omed is trolling, but the sad reality is some people actually do try to find a simple solution out of the hsc... what the hell is the point of education if you just try to get marks rather than actually learning anything?? obviously doing both is the best way to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)