Past Paper Question (1 Viewer)

How do you tackle past papers?

• Read the question, then look at the answer, then form an answer of your own.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Look at the question, then look up the syllabus, and form an answer, then check it.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Think of an answer from the top of your head.

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

Lordie

HSC
I'm doing past papers daily for every subject. I'm just wondering, what do people think is the most effective way of doing these. Reading the question, looking at the answers, then attempting it, looking at the syllabus after reading the question and getting an asnwer, then checking it, or just trying to answer the question off the top of your head?

scora

HSC
the way i would probably go about it is to formulate your own answer, by writing it down then checking the prescribed answer. I don't think looking at the answer first is going to do you much good coming closer to the final exams, unless you have no idea how to answer the question- which is a whole other point.

dolbinau

HSC
I casually take the entire test, sometimes checking answers after each one and compare them etc..

The only time I look at the answer after reading the question is if I don't know the particular subject at all (I learnt my Biology option by just reading answers for all the past paper exams)

xJennax

HSC
I normally just do the answer off the top of my head then check the markers comments. Or I look at my notes while answering it.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
u shud answer it if u can b4 looking at the answers or u cud look at ur notes but not using ur notes when ur answering it

henry08

HSC
N/A
Do a topic, i.e. Space in Physics, do lots of HSC questions on it, checking answers as you go (after you attempt tthem). Later on, do complete HSC papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)