past paper Qs (1 Viewer)

rand_althor

HSC
8. The tricky part of this question is the way in which the monomer is presented. It is easier to do if you condense the methyl group on the right into CH3. In the polymerisation process, the double bond opens up and monomers join up, forming a polymer. Hopefully this picture helps:

Last edited:
HSC
The answer to Q.13 should be (A), not (D).
How come? I was thinking it wouldn't be linear but eventually it has to reach zero which A doesn't indicate
Also, is there an equation that relates "solubility" with "time"?
Like in Physics, a = Gm/r^2 we can say it would look like (A) because as r varies, a varies inversely

Last edited:

rand_althor

HSC
How come? I was thinking it wouldn't be linear but eventually it has to reach zero which A doesn't indicate
Like in Physics, a = Gm/r^2 we can say it would look like (A) because as r varies, a varies inversely
No HSC equation that I know of for that. You are looking at concentration here, so think of the equations happening in the soft drink bottle. I think it reaches equilibrium so it would flatten out near the end, rather than reach zero.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)