Past EE2 students: Did your MW undergo a "makeover"? (1 Viewer)

How much did your MW change over the course of the year?

• No words to describe it: Total overhaul!!!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Reconstruction: Change of concept but retained elements from previous drafts

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Rhinoplasty and a facelift: Kept initial concept, but reworked/refined extensively - language/techni

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Botox: Kept initial concept, minor developments and some polishing, but no extensive change

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Splash of water: Kept initial concept, first draft was pristine.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HSC
N/A
Hi all,

It's general knowledge that the VAST majority of students will change their EE2 Major Work considerably over the course of their HSC year (usually right after the less-than-glorious first full draft, heehee!). I thought it might be nice to get some statistics together.

I don't mean to freak the 06's out - whilst the ideas you come up with now may not end up in the final product in their CURRENT form, they may very well end up in an altered/developed form, or may be integral to the discovery of a new and brilliant idea that does end up in the final product. So whatever you do now - it's worth something!

(Someone called "so worth it" just came online on my msn list, if that isn't a sign from the universe, I don't know what is!!!)

But I digress. The point of putting this poll up NOW is because I want to catch as many 05's as I can... I know a lot of them will be online soon when their HSC results come out - it's all about timing

I personally didn't force my MW for a *complete* microdermabrasion, liposuction, face lift, and something terribly painful called a chemical peel, but I did take my story in a completely new direction, as well as extensive reworking. My characters and general concept stayed the same, but I spent a lot of time changing how my concept was conveyed (ie I made it clearer and less "twisty").

Other people will change their concept completely, or keep minor elements. Some may be lucky enough to do little changes in regards to "extensive concept overhauls", but all of us will have to work on developing and refining our work.

06er's - write on! :)

EDIT: Feel free to share any horror stories, if you'd like... it's something for us to do around the fire while we wait for HSC results :)

Last edited:

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
all of the 2006 EE2 students would benefit greatly from taking heed of what lynn says, she's wonderful as a positive role model for students undertaking the course.
your concept is best not to be held tightly at this stage of the course. Ideally, a basic idea or concept would be most preferable at this stage, with an ability to evolve or change shape as the course progresses. My concept evolved from my title, and i was able to diversify and explore it's potential throughout the poetry medium, picking up different techniques, influences, ideas and approaches to composition, so having room to move and grow within your chosen medium might be essential to producing a concept of work with a number of dimensions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)