• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Passed a subject already? (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Have any of you noticed that you've technically already passed a subject, so, effectively, any marks you get in the final exam is just extra? (That is, the final exam is worth 50% or under, and you've passed the first 50% of your course). I have this for PSY234 and Criminal Law... unfortunately, I wish I had this for my other subjects (PSY237 and Contracts) which are the ones I'm worried about.

Regardless, its a nice feeling to know this... So is anyone in the same boat?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I don't know, I haven't taken notice. It's good when you know whatever extra marks you get are just giving you a higher grade

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Don't you have to pass the final exam anyway to get a Pass for the course?

So no-one's really passed anything anyway.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
It depends on the subject

some subjects need you to sit the exam and not pass, others need Ps, others don't need anything

Last edited:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
need 2 pass all of my finals 2 pass the course, except 4 soc175 which is a take home exam and is worth only 30%

i got a D for the last essay worth 40%, so im not really caring about this subject, should of already passed

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
HeCtic said:
Aye, too bad all of mine need P's in the final. Bloody Commerce degrees.
Same with statistics.... both 170 and 270 are worth 70%.

iwannarock

HSC
MaryJane said:
Have any of you noticed that you've technically already passed a subject, so, effectively, any marks you get in the final exam is just extra? (That is, the final exam is worth 50% or under, and you've passed the first 50% of your course). I have this for PSY234 and Criminal Law... unfortunately, I wish I had this for my other subjects (PSY237 and Contracts) which are the ones I'm worried about.

Regardless, its a nice feeling to know this... So is anyone in the same boat?
how have u already passed criminal?

how is that even possible?. so did u get full marks for participation and full marks for the assignment? cuz the take home exam is 50 isnt it?

if i had already got my 50 for crim..........boy would i have fun with the take home

my answer would just be "criminal law is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalright!........thanks suckers" and thats it

contracts i'll still need to get above 30/60 i've left my self no room for screwing up lol.

come to think of it contracts is my only problem subject im in serious danger of failing. music, philosophy im fine with.........and crim.......well crim they mark so easy i loooooooooove it

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Agree with the easy marking in Crim... well, I havent actually passed it completely yet, but I got a HD in the essay, and I dont shutup in class and my groups "class facilitation" was apparently the best, so I'm hoping for good marks in that too.... Basically I'm not fretting with that at all. Just v. worried about contracts, man I hate it. I want tort law back! :(

Tabris

HSC
According to econ110, u have to pass final exam regardless of other marks..same for stat170, same for acst101 and same for accg100

iwannarock

HSC
MaryJane said:
Agree with the easy marking in Crim... well, I havent actually passed it completely yet, but I got a HD in the essay, and I dont shutup in class and my groups "class facilitation" was apparently the best, so I'm hoping for good marks in that too.... Basically I'm not fretting with that at all. Just v. worried about contracts, man I hate it. I want tort law back! :(
tort law are you kidding? that was the same sorta crap. i haaaaaaaated that too. im glad i got through that. with the aid of alcohol i killed all those tort law brain cells over the summer holidays........never wanna go back to that again lol.

ah so i see, you've basically passed crim. you'd have to screw up the take home exam preeeeeetty bad to fail.

but see i bet your not really in danger of failing contracts........just in danger of doing "badly" :rolleyes:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i was waiting in line to enrol (back in the day, when you had to enrol at uni baaaahh - i feel old), and this girl in front of me was whinging bout how she'd "passed" psych before her final worth 30%.. and then found out that she failed...

anyways, for many subjects.. you need to pass the final to pass. and raw marks don't translate to sngs.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If i pass the next MAS104 essay, then i've passed the unit (good thing since its a core :p)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
flyin' said:
i was waiting in line to enrol (back in the day, when you had to enrol at uni baaaahh - i feel old), and this girl in front of me was whinging bout how she'd "passed" psych before her final worth 30%.. and then found out that she failed...
Gah, how does that work? It destroys all my hopes and dreams for the exams.. Sigh. I want holidays.

Just remember; P=Degree :D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
HD for law? good work!

Its hard to tell what ive passed already. i only really need to get a few marks in the finals to pass psy234, psy237 and law114. we havent done much for the yearly subs-psy232 and psy222-yet, so im not sure about them. But i want my gpa to stay at 4, which it surely wont when this semester is up, so im going to be disappointed eitherway :)

roger321

HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
But i want my gpa to stay at 4, which it surely wont when this semester is up, so im going to be disappointed eitherway :)
you got ALL hd's and d's for last year?
YOU ANIMAL!!!!

iwannarock

HSC
my gpa of 2.0 or something is god-like.

fear it. fear its reign of terror i say!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)