PASS leader (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i hate getting a D average or getting high marks for a particular subject.

makes me set a standard in which the only way is to either stay there or go down.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I blame qma.
I got 50% in my first uni exam. That knocked down my morale by heaps.

thx runnable, that's so high though =.=, hope the standard in eco is lower.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
^yeh eco. I can't apply for qma because i got<75:(
btw, how much did you write for the questions.

Last edited:

runnable

HSC
For all 3, prob 500 words. Yourself?

Haha I didn't apply for eco cuz I don't want to teach PASS alone :S not good enough.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
From knowledge, you will be required to have at least a D in the course you will be a pass leader for.
Tutors are usually selected among the pass leaders but usually tutors are selected from honours or other postgrad students.

You would have to achieve unusually high marks to be offered a tutoring position.

runnable

HSC
Haha chill. A friend of mine wrote like barely anything.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Meh, your response was a typical Asian defence-mechanism of reinforcing one's insecurities towards their marks by despairing at the possibility of failure.

I but only need to observe my facebook home page to read the usual 'I'm screwed, fuck me, I've gotta stop procrastinating, blah, blah, blah'.

It's so hard having a balanced sense of intelligence that doesnt veer between outright stupidity and social alienation.

Btw Chewy, I don't have anything against you. I don't mind your whinging. It's kind of refreshing in a way. A welcome change to the constant intellectual machismo of your other law classmates.

lolol That's uni life for you. I was thinking of applying for a PASS leader position as well, but ended up not following up on it. You'll need AT LEAST a Distinction (preferably a high end Distinction) and yeah, don't be surprised if most of them are Com/Law people.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
^That happen to me with peer mentoring, I told myself that I am gonna apply for it, but time just flew by. I still remember the good old days when I stared at the slow ticking clock in primary school..

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
OMG, chewy you do whinge a lot for someone whose such a high achiever...I wish i could get a dicstinction average...i mean, i know i could, but i'm too burnt out from the hsc. Is that even normal? Anyone else burnt out and sick of uni study?
*raises hand*

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
hey has anyone heard anything back yet who has applied to be a PASS leader?

I haven't gotten an email or anything so I'm assuming I didn't get an interview but I was half expecting one of those unsuccessful emails that they send you.

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
yea but it's too late hey - have the interviews been on yet? do you know of anyone who got an interview? for a change i actually wanted this position - i got a decent mark for micro (>75) but now i'm thinking i got a credit or lower for macro which makes me ineligible.

Bit disappointing for them not to email us.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
yea but it's too late hey - have the interviews been on yet? do you know of anyone who got an interview? for a change i actually wanted this position - i got a decent mark for micro (>75) but now i'm thinking i got a credit or lower for macro which makes me ineligible.

Bit disappointing for them not to email us.
Interviews already happened. I know 3 people (lol all of them girls) who got interviews. One for Eco and two for QMA/QMB, and just a heads up, their marks were in the HD area.

Perhaps try again next year :D

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
sigh i didn't get it either, no rejection emails too:(

whoisurdaddy

HSC
Interviews already happened. I know 3 people (lol all of them girls) who got interviews. One for Eco and two for QMA/QMB, and just a heads up, their marks were in the HD area.

Perhaps try again next year :D
yeah wouldve thought so. 75-80 range is a really shit mark considering the minimum mark is 75 (pretty sure at least 30% of the cohort gets that)

runnable

HSC
Quantitative interviews were on Monday and Eco interviews were on Tuesday I think. I got the email for Quant last Wednesday.

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Yeah but I didn't just get over 75 - I got a HD in Micro - admittedly I don't have a HD average like some students - I have a D average and do Comm/Law.

I think i must have failed the macro final for me not to have had an interview. However with that being said I DO NOT KNOW what the our cohort is like but I have to say that I think they only take asians/non-whites for PASS leaders - in both first and second semester I think I came across 1 white person who taught PASS - this is in both Quant and Econ AND Accounting.

Maybe it's just my imagination - does anyone agree/disagree with me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)