Partner does drugs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
ok, so my bf does pot, and i really dont like it. I find people who do drugs to be disgusting, stupid, and immature. I am considering telling him not to do it anymore...but is it wrong of me to ask? He already knows i dont like it.

Thoughts and opinions?

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If he truly wants to be with you, he'll try to give up pot. Talk to him about it, and if he's hellbent on sticking to it, you can't do much but leave him to it.
However if he's genuine about becoming clean, be supportive, and be dedicated to his long haul to recovery. Leaving him halfway into the process is not going to come off well for him.

Last edited:

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
just dump the jackass. Don't bother changing them, find someone who fits ur bill better.

-P_D

HSC
N/A
Loz#1 said:
I'd fuck him off
hehe.

If it bothers you that much just leave him. I knew a friend who was with an addict for almost two years and tried to get him to quit, in the end she had enough of it.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
The_Apprentice said:
If it bothers you that much just leave him. I knew a friend who was with an addict for almost two years and tried to get him to quit, in the end it she had enough of it.

how determined of her, I don't think I could have done it. it's one thing dragging themselves down, but dragging me down with them? no thank you.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Because people choosing to alter how they experience reality are quite clearly the lower echelons of society.

You must hate quantum physicists then.
i choose not to endorse drugs or drug users. draw whatever conclusions from that you want.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Schroedinger said:
I remove your reality and substitute my own!

Man I sure wish I had some opiates for this broken leg, but hey that would lead to me not being endorsed in your eyes. Sure wish I had some recreational drugs in order to alleviate my stresses, as one would drink alcohol, but this drug has less side effects and is less prone to turn someone violent...

OH NO WAIT A MINUTE ZOMG I CAN'T BECAUSE IT WILL NOT BE ENDORSED BY YOU.

View your hypocrisy and weep at your own inanities.
i didn't ask for your opinion and i don't need to defend mine; drugs are obviously having a negative impact on this girl's relationship and if in fact it was happening to me, i would not tolerate his drug use.

thank you.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Schroedinger said:
I remove your reality and substitute my own!

Man I sure wish I had some opiates for this broken leg, but hey that would lead to me not being endorsed in your eyes. Sure wish I had some recreational drugs in order to alleviate my stresses, as one would drink alcohol, but this drug has less side effects and is less prone to turn someone violent...

OH NO WAIT A MINUTE ZOMG I CAN'T BECAUSE IT WILL NOT BE ENDORSED BY YOU.

View your hypocrisy and weep at your own inanities.
dont get out much do we?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Ask yourself why you want him to quit. Is it because you have this preconception about people who do "drugs"? Or is it because he gets high all the time and it's negatively affecting him?

I'll agree with shroe that your general idea that everyone who does drugs is disgusting and immature is a bit stupid. Everyone has a few drinks every now and again. Most people try some illegal recreational drug at some point. But if he's an absolute stoner, I can understand that you'd want him to stop. You don't want to be with someone who is never on the same plane as you.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
This may not work depending on the guy he is.

Even though I hate my ex...

My ex use to smoke (chain smoke) and I hated it. But I went to him all playfully and friendly and said "I have a proposition".

"The one thing that shits me about you is that you smoke. What is one thing about me that shits you and we'll both give it up"

He ended up telling me I should wear skirts more often and he promised he wouldn't smoke around me or smell like he had been smoking. Any other time is his time. I then wore skirts more often.

(But we broke up because he was shit for other reasons)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
1 of my ex's was a druggo...i hated it. if you feel strongly about it, ask him to cut down/stop (depends how much he does it)...else, dump him. dont stay with him in the hope that things will change if you dont say anything in the first place

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
My bf smokes pot on a social basis, maybe twice a week, if that...

I hate it, but I've told him as long as he doesn't do it around me, or talk about it around me, I don't care. It's his life, not mine... However, if it started to become an everyday thing, then i'd say something...

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i had that sort of attitude with my ex initially...but when i noticed his attitude changing, it didnt sit well with me. when it gets more regular and things get worse..get out

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
angelduck said:
ok, so my bf does pot, and i really dont like it. I find people who do drugs to be disgusting, stupid, and immature. I am considering telling him not to do it anymore...but is it wrong of me to ask? He already knows i dont like it.

Thoughts and opinions?
Whats the deal? its only weed its not like he is trading blowjobs for crack. As long as the habit isnt effecting his life its only recreation. Dont try and make ultimatums and get people to change for you, he does weed, its part of who he is - deal with it either leave or accept it. Dont try and tell him how to live his life

You find people who do drugs to be disgusting, stupid and immature? so why are you with someone you feel is disgusting stupid and immature?

disgusting is a relative term so i cant argue with that, but i find it immature of you to judge people straight up like that.

Stupidity? now that is really ignorant of you. A handful of the smartest people in my school smoked pot regularly and did a couple of harder drugs a few times. You know some really smart people have been into some heavy shit right? T.S Elliot was an opium adict and he was considered a very influential poet of his time.

Immature? in alot of cases i agree with you, but its ignorant to make sweeping claims like that. Alot of people whoo grew up in the 60s [i.e our parents generation] still reguarly smoke up. Its very high and mighty of you to call them immature.
Maybe you need to get out into the world more, theres alot worse things a person can do out there than get high.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
This may not work depending on the guy he is.

Even though I hate my ex...

My ex use to smoke (chain smoke) and I hated it. But I went to him all playfully and friendly and said "I have a proposition".

"The one thing that shits me about you is that you smoke. What is one thing about me that shits you and we'll both give it up"

He ended up telling me I should wear skirts more often and he promised he wouldn't smoke around me or smell like he had been smoking. Any other time is his time. I then wore skirts more often.

(But we broke up because he was shit for other reasons)
Those must've been some pretty short skirts.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
the ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)